Out of rehab

by Cygnus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Edited to add: Brenda, I tried buy 10/325 Norcos from Mexico but he kept sending me 10/650s. Then I bought 1000 2mg tablets of straight hydro, no tylenol, from China and they were good. But that was last year. March 24 I got a letter from US Customs saying the DEA had intercepted a package deliverable to me from China with a controlled substance in it and they said they could just destroy it and I wouldn't be held accountable but the next time it would be a felony. Well I didn't order from overseas so I don't know if the guy in China mailed them to me by accident or what, so I said YES PLEASE just destroy them. The DEA has become VERY strict about overseas narcotic drugs,

TY Cygnus, I am aware of DEA crackdown on controlled substances. However I don't mail order them. I only buy when I'm in country and bring them home with our other regular scripts that we took into Mexico. Since we're not planning on a trip to Mex in the next year... and I'm almost out... Hey, I'll deal with the pain.

Yes, accupuncture can work really well, for both pain relief and for narcotic withdrawls. I use it for my backpain as it has a source. The FMS pain is nerve center based phantom pain, and doesnt respond nearly as well.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

WOW this sounds like the shortest rehab effort on record.

Outoftheorg

• Quentin
    Quentin

WOW if you've never lived with the kind of pain these folks have...WOW what can one say...

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Boy oh boy, this subject sure hit home for me! I am addicted to oxycodone (according to my dr.) because of a knee replacement gone bad and other knee problems, which still need to be fixed. I know that when the time comes it is going to be a bitch (oops, can I utter that word here?) to go through withdrawal and was wondering how they were going to handle it. I doubt that I would have to go through an "in-house" program like you Cygnus...but was interested in your story.

I am glad that you made it through. You will have to post how the pain management program goes. I am starting May 24 at the pain clinic near us and am dreading it.

Anyway...I am so sorry you had to go through such hell and hope that you find something to help you with the pain. Good luck!!!

Big hug ...Cathy L.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    This was a very short program, neh? I'm accustomed to the 28-day mode of operation.

Thanks to managed care, most in my neck of the woods do only short stays.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well done cygnus and keep it up man...if thats what you want

and ...my thoughts with everyone else who posted about the pains you have to deal with daily and with addictions you fought and / or are still fighting or helping someone else to cope with

respect

• AlanF
    AlanF

Keep up the good fight, Cygnus! Never been addicted to drugs, so I can only imagine what you're going through, on top of everything else.

AlanF

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Thank you Alan, old friend.

I have ever only taken 4 oxycodones, that was a year and a half ago and BOY did they throw me for a loop.

The girl who was taking 100 Lortabs was there 4 days; she also left today but got there a day earlier than me. They don't keep you long. They start you on a dose of buprenorphine and lower it as you feel better, When any signs of withdrawal are gone they let you go. Most of the patients there stay 2-5 days. I have no idea how they;d afford a 28 day program. And let's face it: 5 days, 28 days, what is the difference if you're just gonna go out and score again. We watched video tapes, had NICE counselors (not like the psych ward counselors who obviously hated their job and got through with you ASAP). The people in this program all seemed genuine that they wanted to quit. Many of their lives were ruined. They had no possessions left because they sold them all for drugs. They hit rock bottom. I was nowhere near rock bottom but I wanted to get help before I was on my way there.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Did rehab twice - the last time 21 days with people you mentioned. I started up again the day I left. As you said, you have to want not to score - and that is EVERY DAY. Peace, love, and blessings.

• m. kirov
    m. kirov

living clean gets better. as cheesy as that "just for today" saying is-- it makes sense. i used to spend most days thinking that i should drink up/ smoke up/ swollow down whatever was left today. i told myself i'd worry about quitting later as long as i could get through theanxiety of that day. don't worry past today. that is to say, just worry about staying clean today. if you worry about staying clean for the rest of your life you may freak out and use. funny side note: a few weeks ago, the Narcotics Anonymous meeting i go to received 2 more x-jw's- we're up to 4.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit