Out of rehab

by Cygnus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I was discharged today from the rehab center in the hospital. There were 14 inpatients there and I was the least of their worries. I would take 8-15 10/325 generic Norco (think strong vicodin without too mcuh tylenol) a day and that's it. They had two girls there who would take at least 50 a day. They had one girl who would take 100 a day (these are not typos). One kid was in because he sold every possession he had to buy drugs, would shoot 3 bags a day of heroin, drink alcohol on it, then take 5-6 Ambien. One fellow (who also has AIDS) used needles for H and burned half his nose off smoking crack.

Interestingly there was a girl there who was (sort of) a JW. She was a shooter of H. They had a smoking room open 6 times a day and she smoked with the rest of us. The girl who did 100 pills a day was a witch and she cast a 'feel good' spell on this JW girl and the JW girl told me it made her feel GREAT but she got some guilt from it for displeasing Jehovah. Wild and wacky stuff, I'll tell ya.

I'm glad I went even though my co-pay will be astronomical because they give you pills to dissolve under the tongue that definitely work to take away withdrawal symptoms. It's nearly 2:30 am here now and I still feel OK not having a Norco in 4 days. But my pain has come back with a vengeance, So I have some pain management session already scheduled and I will figure out how to deal with my pain without popping expensive pills that just mask the problem anyway.

So I am far from recovered just yet and I could use your support through this. Thanks to all who have already had kind things to say on the board here, in PM here, in email and also on the phone, :)

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Don't have anything to say except that we're with you. Keep us posted.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Happy to hear from you! Keep up the good work...I'll be sending caring thoughts your way that the pain will soon be more manageable. Do keep us posted on how you are continuing to do...

~Merry

• FMZ
    FMZ

Cygnus, unimaginable mate.

Keep up the good work buddy.

• talesin
    talesin

Are the little pills Ativan (generic name Lorazepam)? If so, they are very addictive as well. I'm surprised, Cygnus. This was a very short program, neh? I'm accustomed to the 28-day mode of operation.

Was this a rehab program, or a psychiatric assessment? Sounds like a 72-hour assessment to me. What gives?

And yes, I am with you as well. My last roommate was an addict - methadone, to be precise, for the pain. Knew her for over 10 years, and the drugs she has been on the for the past 2 years made her into a monster. I had to pack up and leave in a hurry. Painkillers are a really tough row to hoe.

t

Edit: I understand the 'why' of the Ativan, but it just seems like such a short time for the program.

• Sith
    Sith

Did you get it? What rehab is all about? it's about living your life, without hiding behind drugs or alcohol o0r anything else. Life is summed up in two words. Responsibility and integrity. Live those, be satisfied with those, and you are good to go. FEAR...face everything and recover

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Cygnus.

I've just been back and looked at some of your earlier threads. I hadn't spotted them before, except for The Awakening which I am very grateful for.

It has been pretty tough for you in the past few years and I wish you all the best with your healing.

You will be in my thoughts.

Chris

• ballistic
    ballistic

I'm sure we come to earth for a reason, and once you gain this strength, no one can take it away from you.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Cygnus,

I can somewhat understand what you are going through. My step-son is on pain pills because of a back injury that has made him unable to work. It is causing him problems with his marriage, his wife sends him over to live with us for a few days or weeks because he sometimes takes crack and my wife(his mother) will straighten his ass out on that.

My grandson is also in the process of rehababilitation and has to take methadone every day. He is doing OK now and hasn't taken drugs in about a year. It's not an easy road to take. I hope your recovery goes well and you can have a normal life from pain and pills. I have never had problems with pain or drugs, to control it, so I can only imagine what it's like. Good luck, and I can say that now that I'm an apostate.

Ken P.

• squinks
    squinks

Way to go Cyg!!!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of you for going. Must have been some wakeup call - seeing what was down the road if you didn't get things under control. I will be here for you. My brother is a drug addict and I wish he had the courage you have shown. Admitting you have a problem is big. Congrats and keep communicating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit