Witness parents choose to tranfuse baby to save life

by Ticker 22 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Ticker
    Ticker

Just wanted to share some exciting info on a recent experience of a witness couple.

Their young baby very unfortunatly was struck with leukiemia and requiered a blood transfusion to save its life. Fortunatly the parents had enough sence and logical reasoning to save their babys life by listening to the medical staff and proceeded with the transfusions. The child is now stable and in good health but the greater victory I think has been the eye opener that it caused them and their family. They seem to sence that all is not well in the witness world, and that when it comes right down to it, saving their baby's life and enjoying this gift from god far outwieghed the importance of following the everchanging manmade dictates of a human orgnaized religion.

My hats off to them in their decision! They are still pretty shook up over it but I think alot of good came out of a bad situation in the fact that it helped them to use thier own reasoning on matters instead of what comes out of a watchtower. It showed them that life is not as black and white as brooklyn tries to make it seem. I just wanted to give this a mention even if it lacks the fancy of a big courtroom battle because these witness parents and family had enough sence to make this decision, even under extreme internal pressure to follow watchtower mandates. In my mind they used their personal conscience and instead of being scourged by the WTBTS, they should be praised.

Ive been trying to discreetly open their eyes to the truth about the WTBTS for some time and maybe this will help them to further realize that truth.

Ticker

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

What a nice post! Gave me a big smile!

Very courageous of them......and they still have the joy of raising their baby instead of planning a funeral.

Thanks for sharing!

hugs,

Annie

• avishai
    avishai

Anywhere we could anonymously send sympathy cards? For their baby bein ill, I mean. And congratulations cards on it bein well!!!

• lilbit
    lilbit

That is wonderful to hear. It breaks my heart to think of a child dying for no reason

• Ticker
    Ticker

Yes it is a wonderful outcome. Thanks everyone and as for cards just send me a message and I'll get a postal address. I just dont want to give out to many specifics for all eyes on this board because it would blow my cover if someone local seen the details. Thanks again very much everyone, this is a good outcome to a potentially bad circumstance and shows that maybe witnesses are finally waking up to the reality's of the WTBTS.

Ticker

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Thank God the parents had courage and love to think of the child's interests above their own.

GBL

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

So good to hear! Maybe some witnesses are starting to wake up. I wonder though if the elders are going to make a big deal out of this for the parents? If they are so stupid so as to pursue disciplinary action against the parents I hope these people make a *big* deal out of it!

So glad that little one is okay...

Jean

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

That is wonderful news!! Thank you for sharing!

-Doodle-V

• Honesty
    Honesty

Thankyou for sharing this good news. If the WTBTS goes after the parents for following Christ's example of showing a high regard for human life I hope it bites them in the rear for many decades to come.

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

avishai, I don't think the parents would be able to read our sympathy cards since they would be deemed "apsotate literature". Remember, blood transfusion or not they are still JW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit