Comments You Will Not Hear at the 5-8-05 WT Study (April 1, 2005 issue)

by blondie 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    The WTS is not blind to the large numbers of children of JWs that are leaving. The COs put such things in their weekly reports. So every week, the WTS receives (?) 200 CO reports in the US alone. How many families with children get regular, loving attention from the elders? Or is it a constant complaint to the parents about how their children do not measure up?

The beatings will continue until morale improves, right?

The WT has the classic ivory tower mentality with this issue as with most others: they think the parents are the problem.

Here is why children leave: WE DON'T VALUE THEM.

They can't:

1. Do sports in school, or even organize with other witnesses; too much competition, ya know.

2. Plan for college. How fun to know that rather than go to school for 4 years to improve your lifetime earnings by (average) more than 1.4 million, you can be a janitor for 40!! (no slight to janitors intended)

3. Be themselves. Music? No. Clothes you want? No. Goofy hair? No. Ask questions? No. Relationships, so that when you turn 18 you don't marry the first one to come along? An emphatic NO NO NO.

4. Think for themselves. After a lifetime of being subjected to the the weekly mind warping illogic of WT lessons like this, a young witness has no clear logic skills; I really feel that until I escaped the cult I was susceptible to bad logical arguments. If a witness tries to use the type of logic he learns in the KH, he will get NOWHERE fast in the business world. And about those relationship skills??

5. Learn from mistakes. Teenagers do stupid things; they get in relationships they shouldn't, get drunk, etc etc. In the WT world, they can be shunned by even their close family for these things if they are not in the right circle. All they learn from this is to do what the WT tells them; in the end this may kill them or leave them emotionally stunted for the rest of their lives. The reality is that there are lessons to be learned from this; being shunned for life is NOT one of them.

But: the WT does not understand why young ones are leaving! They don't get the concept that young ones are NOT afraid of the computer; they can find out the truth about the truth in 3 minutes; this leaves them either guilty, or doubting their own thinking ability, or realizing that they face a lifetime of living a lie or living without their family. More and more are leaving, thank God.

AND: the parents are dragged along in this parade of stupidity. They swallow the BS from the WT and try harder, studying more and more the "publications" that are being written more and more poorly!

THANKS, blondie; very nice.

I especially noticed the CONSTANT use of OT thinking again; blatant, too. MORE than just loving God with our whole heart, mind and soul; yep, it's back to the OT again for the wonderful power of rules and revenge!! Yippee!

Aint' it great to be a Witless????

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well done, Blondie. I've been missing being able to catch up on these - what a treat to have a good one to come back to!

Cheers, Ozzie (posting deprived class)

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

22 Such a planned program takes parental initiative. The Bible says: "You must tie them ["these words," or commandments of God] as a sign upon your hand, and they must serve as a frontlet band between your eyes; and you must write them upon the doorposts of your house and on your gates." (Deuteronomy 6:8, 9) This does not mean that parents should literally write God's laws on doorposts and gates, tie a copy of them on the hands of their children, and place one between their eyes. Rather, the point is that parents should constantly keep the teachings of God before their children. Teaching their children should be done in such a regular, constant way that it is as though God's teachings are right there before the children all the time.

Planned program/ regular constant way/all the time = conditioning/ brainwashing)

the yellow unlined part is like duhhhhh--they are just making sure that no programmed borg/drone does this for real--wouldn't want to give the impression that JWs are inbalanced now would we?

Looking forward to next weeks article.

Thanks blondie,

cybs

• Shania
    Shania

Enjoyed this review! A CO said a true statement "WE HAVE THEIR HEADS BUT WE DON'T HAVE THEIR HEARTS" Meaning you can brainwash them all you want, but if their heart wants out--------THEY WILL LEAVE, AND THESE KIDS ARE, they have had enough. How I wish I had the confidense to leave as a teen................I say good luck to all that leave.............

• Jez
    Jez

(raises hand)

"This article insults my intelligence. The information contained within, is dated, superficial and barely touches the surface of what parenthood is all about. The challenges, rewards, and frustrations are much deeper and much more individual. It reads like an essay written by a 10 year old."

Jez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit