Comments You Will Not Hear at the 5-8-05 WT Study (April 1, 2005 issue)

by blondie 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Hopefully, I will get a scanner that will handle pictures.

Cool... I don't want to get a subscription cause then they will come bang on my door when I need to renew. UGH!!!

• blondie
    blondie

Silly man, no subscriptions for anyone from the WTS for about 2 years. People have to get them direct from JWs or go to a KH....oooh. I get mine from an understanding JW.

No donations, no subscriptions, only 1 Awake a month. They are headed in the right direction.

Blondie

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Are you serious? No subscriptions???? What was their reasoning in that move? (I mean other than money)

• blondie
    blondie

EF, the standard explanation.

Simplification

• Banshee
    Banshee

My ex-Catholic husband and I did a lot of "comparing notes" on the JW v. Catholic "upper management" tactics with their parishioners/publishers. There were some marked similarities. The flip-flopping of doctrine, blaming the members for any and all problems that members have with faith/doctrine/family, etc., the "do more, do more....you aren't doing enough, ever" mentality.

This WT article brought back to my mind those discussions because it points up how very isolated and separated the GB is from the rank & file's life in the real world. It is similar to the insulated Catholic clergy class in Rome who insisted (do they stil?) on "no birth control" rule and yet did not care how this affected their parishioners' everyday lives. And if they missed Mass on certain "holy days" because one of their many children was sick, they were going to hell.

Hmmm...and in this article, the GB Writing Committee is not acknowledging at all that they have contributed directly to the parents' inability to spend enough time nurturing/ showing love to their children. (Especially if the parents were raised as JWs, since they were forbidden a college education!)

• Banshee
    Banshee

Oh, and I meant to put this on my other post....Blondie, as always, you rock! I missed reading your "Comments" section while I was away from JWD for a while.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Can anyone here mail me a WT 2 times a month?????? just wondering...

Blondie...excellent job!!!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

If they were really more interested in "spreading the good word" they'd just let you download it everymonth from their web site
    save printing costs and whatnot

• sugarbritches
    sugarbritches

Blondie- thanks so much for the hard work and time that you donate to this forum. I always check for your posts- love reading about what THEY are being taught. Makes me so glad I never graduated beyond being a student. Keep up the good work!!!! sugarbritches

• blondie
    blondie
    The flip-flopping of doctrine, blaming the members for any and all problems that members have with faith/doctrine/family, etc., the "do more, do more....you aren't doing enough, ever" mentality.

This WT article brought back to my mind those discussions because it points up how very isolated and separated the GB is from the rank & file's life in the real world. It is similar to the insulated Catholic clergy class in Rome who insisted (do they stil?) on "no birth control" rule and yet did not care how this affected their parishioners' everyday lives. And if they missed Mass on certain "holy days" because one of their many children was sick, they were going to hell.

Banshee, if you haven't already, you might enjoy reading The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse by David Johnson U Jeff VanVonderen. I have been re-reading it and while they don't pinpoint JWs, it is like you are reading about the WTS. You rock too.

CB, hmmm, maybe someone will respond. I only get the one copy and don't have a scanner yet (looking for the PERFECT one so can't make a decision).

EF, I wonder about this too.

they'd just let you download it everymonth

They post other articles on their website. They certainly have the technology to make it so a copy that can't be edited could be downloaded. I know for a fact that they send copies for printing from New York to various branches. Of course, then those with computers would have faster access to the "spiritual food" than those without computers. But when there were subscriptions, if you paid a little extra, they would mail them to you faster. I know one elder who gots his about 10 days before the rank and file.

SB, I count every hour and put it on my time slip; just haven't turned them in for 3 years

People like you and others here make me keep on, keeping on.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit