Comments You Will Not Hear at the 5-8-05 WT Study (April 1, 2005 issue)

by blondie 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am relieved from my studying duties. Feels good! I get to concentrate on Blondie's analysis instead.

What is wrong with the picture on 18? They are wearing shoes in the house. The girls are wearing dresses at home instead of jeans. They look as if they were about to head off for the meeting.

• upside/down
    upside/down

What an appropriate "downer" aricle on Mothers Day... ( incite to love and fine works my ASS!)

This is my first celebrating of this lovely pagan holiday since leaving the bOrg...

Happy Mom's Day to you Blondie ( and great job as always) and to all Mums.

u/d

• heathen
    heathen

Another excellent job blondie . I just love the way you exsplain the catch phrases and explore the real reasons why they include things or exclude things . You are so right there are some very intriquing reasons for it . I love the comment about how jesus didn't beat the hell of the apostles for not listening . LMAO Yah and the word perhaps is used in speculation which is a big no no for anybody but the WTBTS ..... what a bunch of shmucks ..........................

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks for the work on this article.

Since I have quit going to the meetings, I have more time for my kids and they are making a turnaround. They have more self-esteem, they are not getting that constant negative crap they get from the meetings.

I was thinking of one of the elders comments that broke my heart that he did not want his niece to associate with my daughter.

Now I don't care, and we are a happier family.

No one loves our children like we do, and the other comment about appropriately hugging our kids........so much instruction from the society takes away anything natural and spontanious. I really hate what they do to families.

Everlasting life

CARROT: First mention of the real motivation of JWs; not the vindication of God?s sovereignty and the sanctification of his name. .

This thought had not occured to me until now. I will never forget studying Paradise Book........first chapter, grasping and excepting living forever......woohoo, I wanted it. My life had been so miserable for so long,,,,,,,,who wouldn't want to make up for lost time?

Thanks blondie, you did a great job.

purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    What an appropriate "downer" aricle on Mothers Day...

wow, no joke!!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Have you seen the 6-15-05 WT? Two more study articles about "Parents, Provide for the Needs of Your Family" and "Young People, Praise, Jehovah!" I looked at it today during the WT study and wondered why so soon. Must REALLY be having problems losing the children. It mentioned how "economic hardships are common worldwide, as are layoffs, unemployment rates, and a rising cost of living. What can help a provider to perservere in the face of such challenges?" Then it never really answered the question. They mention how, "Unlike many of their coworkers, Christian providers see even the most menial of jobs as being dignified and important, a means of pleasing Jehovah God." Then it talks about how "birds fly to and fro incessantly in their search for food. Even when near exhaustion, they drop the food into the gaping beaks of their hatchlings." Then it compares it with Christian parents who rise early to work at exhausting or tedious jobs. But we're not supposed to get an education--or much of one.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Blondie....

My PM"s to you don't seem to be working. I posted here because I didn't want to hijack anyone else's thread.

Can you either email me or PM me the 1991 Awake article on the favorable writings on the UN? I had a big discussion w/ my parents today about the NGO. My dad is an elder and has been forever. Of course, he had never heard of this and told me matter of factly that WTBS would in no way, shape, or form, be a part of the UN. I said "Well they were! For 10 years!" Of course why would they believe me right?

Anyway I would like the article so I can add to my point when they reasearch it and get back to me that it was an "honest mistake". Do you have it?

Thanks for your help!!!!

• blondie
    blondie

Moving to its own topic

• garybuss
    garybuss

Here's a good starting point for UN information.

http://www.randytv.com/secret/unitednations.htm

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/90301/1.ashx

Go hear for any updates on UN question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit