Proof that the END is NEAR!

by ljwtiamb 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

Every few years there is some major disaster or world situation that is exploited by the wts and jws to 'prove' that we are in the last days and end is near.

as i grew up there was:

• the whole cold war and threat of nuclear holocaust
    • watergate
    • assassination of president kennedy
    • murder of martin luther king
    • shooting of the pope

Thankfully the news sources are constantly offering up fresh disaster coverage for jws to shove down our throats. If we are not kept on edge, no one can sell us anything: watchtower & awake! magazines, aspirin, stress medicines, ulcer relief, etc.

Can you think of others?

• celestials
    celestials

Don't buy religion or it's propaganda, God is just like Jesus, the one He caused to become. Worship in Spirit and in Truth, from the heart.

• heathen
    heathen

I'm sure now it's the war on terror , the tsunami , volcanic activity and earth quakes ... I do believe we are living in the last days tho ..

• gumby
    gumby

Man is living longer, diseases are being cured, crime is down (in many areas), economy is good (in many places), teenage pregnancies are down (through education).......but many christians and most all dubs, fail to recognise anything on the positive side. I think if bible believers knew the world and mankind would continue on another several thousand years..........it would probly depress them. They WANT the world to end.

Gumby

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    but many christians and most all dubs, fail to recognise anything on the positive side.

Gumby,

I agree. Unfortunately, it's the mindset. SOME things are getting worse, and SOME things are obviously lots better! Cup:half full or half empty?

I'm sure now it's the war on terror , the tsunami , volcanic activity and earth quakes ... I do believe we are living in the last days tho ..

Heathen,

I'm not saying that these events are not signifant---but where is the proof that was the idea of this topic? MANY things seem to have fit the criteria, but they came and went.............

Annie

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

-headed for a possible energy crisis.
    -environmental issues like greenhouse gases.

on the positive side:
    -internet related technologies are leveling the playing field economically. and is a boon to "everyone, everywhere education".
    -advances in biogerontology have many scientists unusually excited about radical life extension "in this generation"....lol.
    -scientific method and theory of evolution gaining much wider understanding through education. this is leading many people to take up a naturalistic view of the world over a supernatural one.

• Golf
    Golf

Gumby, most people I know are on PILLS, this is what is keeping them alive! Even my wife is on pills. How about people being in serious financial debt?

What's with these end of the world posts? I would never get anything done if all I thought about was the end of the wrold! For me, I've known about the world coming to an end in 1948. I'm still here and waiting, in the meantime, I'm enjoying life.

Golf

• blondie
    blondie

Jonestown

Waco

Heavensgate

Bombing of Murrah building

Hurricane Andrew

or

Contribution for WT publications ended

Subscriptions ended

1914 Generation teaching ends

Awake published only once a month

• heathen
    heathen

You are correct sunspot . We went through 2 world wars and the world still lingers and has even prospered with new technology . It just seems like the concept of we are living in the last days appeals to me , I'm not even a christian . LOL The bible message was very clear even to the first century christians that the world was going to end . Now if you are a j-dub the belief comes from Daniel 4 and the seven times that we are living in the last days .The problem with them is that they were wrong and then still believe they had the right date , the world did not end in 1914 or 1975 invisibly or otherwise . They even screwed up their generation dogma to the point there is no point .

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

People seem to forget that about a thousand years ago the black plague wiped out more than half of Western Europe. If human beings can survive that then everything else is trivial by comparison.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit