Recently deleted as elder

by TheListener 40 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

When we last saw our hero he was....

Alright, if you've been keeping up with the saga you know that during the week of April 11 I was deleted from the elder body. I stepped aside on my own initiative. You can read that thread for the non-specific generalities of my situation.

So far noone has said a word to me about it at the hall. It's really odd, like they're afraid to ask me about it. Don't get me wrong, they all say hi, how ya' doin'; they just don't go any deeper. Hehehe. I haven't heard any gossip about me yet, no one in my family has heard anything either - at least not that they're sharing. I've been working my fade for a long long looooong time and it pleases me that so far I've faded quietly into the night. If any of you are or were servants/elders you know that getting yourself off the responsibility radar screen without causing big waves can be one of the most dificult parts of fading.

I already miss getting my KMs before everyone else and I recently missed an exciting BOE meeting so I hear. Trust me, these things don't even begin to make up for being a spiritual leader in a cult. I'm glad I'm free of the responsibility and pressure of being an elder.

Anyway that's all for now. I'm sure that in the next 6-12 months I'll be receiving a shepherding call or two from my old buddies on the body. You know, just to make sure that I am maintaining my spirituality even though I'm not on the body.

There will come a day where I'll look back and wish this all went much faster and that I showed more courage - then I'll look at my family, speak with them, eat with them in peace and realize that the price I paid was small indeed.

I thank all of you for being here.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Sounds like your plan is working.

I was a servant as well, its better now.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Dear Listener,

Are you leaving the org. for anything better? I hope you are persuing a relationship with your heavenly Father.

love michelle

• minimus
    minimus

I know what it's like....I don't miss it at all----not even a little bit.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I adjudged that getting myself off of the radar was going to be nigh on impossible, hence I took the radical step of DA'ing myself at the end of my last Public Talk. Whichever way you go is a two edged sword.

I got a quick and painful release (like removing a bandaid) and then closure. I also lost most of my family.

Whichever way you go, there are high stakes and inevitable risks.

I take my hat off to everyone who does what THEY feel THEY have to do, after coming to a knowledge of the truth about the "troof".

• metatron
    metatron

Congratulations!

Keep in mind , however, that you may have had a measure of protection as an elder for you and your

family that now is gone. In particular, some elders can get very jealous and punitive about elders who

just quit. Good luck with the fading away. Claiming depression works well.

metatron

• TheListener
    TheListener

Myelaine,

I am in fact leaving the org. for something better. The freedom to decide for myself what I'll study and how I'll feel about that information. To free my mind from all the dogma I've been taught over the lifetime of spiritual (yes I'll say it) abuse and examine whatever I want whenever I want and come to any conclusion I want - even if it's a stupid conclusion.

Unless you've served as an elder or ms you have no idea the release of pressure I've been feeling. I actually sit at the meetings. That's it, I just sit there. I'm not getting up every 2 second to take care of some mundane matter. I'm not looking at those in my bookstudy to see if they've studied, commenting, listening or whatever. I don't have to listen to all those announcements about endless meetings and special arrangements. I just sit there and think about this forum. aaaaaaahhhhhhh!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

It's nice to hear how smoothly things are going for you. Even when one is not an elder or an MS, the relief of NOT having to be "approved" any more and of not having to everything "just so", is liberating. Just knowing it in your heart is great!

Annie

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

To add to your list:

• No organizing Field Service groups
    • No collecting time sheets
    • No calls in the middle of the night with "problems"
    • No infighting at Elder's meetings
    • No more taking the lead, having to be an "example" to the flock

• Balsam
    Balsam

The Listener,

I hope your fade is successful. It can be, have known several that have been able to do that. Moving is a big help though. Is your wife with you in this? Assuming you have a wife since your were an Elder. No if you can just keep from saying anything to raise the alarms in the Elders mind. That is the tricky part. Hope it all goes smoothly. Takes time and patience.

Balsam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit