by kls 18 Replies latest social humour

• xjwms
    xjwms

I remember a pet rock ....

It said "Please turn me over"

On the other side it said "Thank You"

• kls
    kls

Rod P ,lol,,,,,,,,that is really good !!!!

Xjwms,not real sure what to think of that or why you would read a rock

I do have a rock but it is a fake rock that says " GROW DAMN IT GROW" and i keep it next to my husbands side of the bed,,,,,,,,Nuff said

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Yeah KLS I had a dog like that.

I think that any dog that has strong urge for playing or is very active might do the rock thing.

I had a blue healer/cattle dog mix that was enamored with rocks of all sizes.

It was fun to play with her until it became just too much. She was diging up the yard to find rocks.

Then my grandson " 10 yr old " came to visit and the dog found a playfull friend.

About two days later I could not find the dog. Finaly found her hiding out and she would not come to me.

Had to drag her out and she seemed to be ill. Took her to the vet and he said she has a blockage in or behind the stomach.

He operated and found a rock almost the size of a golf ball in the intestine.

After about $350.00 later she was ok. The vet told me that that cross breed is very energetic and in her case so much so that he recommended giving her to some one with sheep or cattle.

So I did. It seems if they are not working cattle the pent up energy causes them to find some way to use it and for her it was ROCKS.

I think my grandson may have tried to do the catch the rock thing, with a small ball and it only took a large GULP and that was it.

Big rocks are hard on the teeth but at least they can't swallow them.

Outoftheorg

• kls
    kls
    After about $350.00 later she was ok. The vet told me that that cross breed is very energetic and in her case so much so that he recommended giving her to some one with sheep or cattle.

My dog has ADDHD , i swear she does so maybe because she has so much energy she is picking rocks , that is the best explanation that i have heard .

Breaking teeth is a worry nor can i figure how she can fit a rock that size in her mouth.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    And they say dogs are like their owners

Whats that you said KLS? Rocks for brains?

• kls
    kls
    Whats that you said KLS? Rocks for brains?

Ya ,well rocks are better then thin air

• disciple
    disciple

and when i try to get rid of her ( friends) like throw them in the woods

Thats one way to get your rocks off!

• Greyeyes
    Greyeyes

I had a beagle that was the same way. Dont know why, but he loved colleting rocks. Never did anything with them other than pile them up in a corner of the back yard. He was a strange dog. Loved him to death, but he would turn the lights on in the middle of the night if he woke up and didnt want to be int he dark, and would turn a heater in the ceiling of our bathroom that was opporated by a light switch when he got cold in the winter. He realized he knew what he was doing becuase the two switches were right next to each other and we'd watch him do it.

• love11
    love11

Oh how cute. Your dog sounds so sweet. My dog just acts like he is my baby. He whines, so I will pick him up. I love dogs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit