Anyone Punished for Speaking About UN NGO Scandal?

by AlanF 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    It backfired on them, as my niece told me she was happy I told her to ask. Because she saw how loving they really were. And wondered at the fact that if it were not true, why everyone was so damned upset!

Now my mother has refused to have anything to do with her.

And even though you can predict this response it's stunning every time I see it happen. Sorry for her trouble, but I hope happiness comes her way. Hang in there Ta!

• Sirona
    Sirona

Yes, I got some crap.

Basically I told my JW mother and gave her documented proof. She showed this to the Circuit Overseer who promptly said "It is all APOSTATE LIES".

She then told me it was apostate lies and we had a major argument.

Then afterwards when the JWs admitted their involvement, nothing was said.

Sirona

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Yeh, Sirona. After they admitted it, it "was all APOSTATE TRUTHS, but they were only telling the truth to beat up on the glorious ones. Damned dirty deceivers and speakers of what is hurtful, they revealed exactly what happened and they aren't careful at all of who they tell the truth to!"

• bavman
    bavman

I brought it up to 2 elders among a list of many other questions which they wrote down. I was already without any "privileges" at the time. The one elder laughed about it in disbelief and said some "inactive brother" had recently mentioned it to him as well. They had no answer for it or for the other items on my list and said they would do some checking and get back to me. They never did. It is possible they talked with the C.O. about it though because 2 weeks later when he was at the hall I re-introduced myself to him and shook his hand and he said very sharply, 'i know who you are...'. Anyway, it doesn't matter, I da'd myself 6 months later.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

It was used against us, though all we did was write an email that had a link to the UN site. It took them over a year to make an issue of it. They also compelled our freinds and family to recite conversations that went back many years that revealed a 'pattern' of 'disbelief'.

• FairMind
    FairMind
    They also compelled our freinds and family to recite conversations that went back many years that revealed a 'pattern' of 'disbelief'.

If they don't have anything to use against you they will manufacturer one. The above quote shows what a twisted, sick mindset exists in the JW organization.

• yesidid
    yesidid

I believe there were some in Sweden.

Sorry, that's all I know.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

I sat down and created an NGO neck-tie.

Using masking tape to create and place the letters 'N' 'G' and 'O'. I wore the tie for all to see, especially the circuit overseer as he heralded forth "truth" from the stage. I saw him looking at it. Nothing was ever mentioned... that was about 8 months ago...

The circuit overseer and district overseer were there.

After the meeting, I addressed some of the comments the CO made in his talk regarding the fact that a 'faithful' group was heralding Jesus presence before 1914.

Both the CO and DO stared blankly at me as I pulled out older publications at the KH library stating that Jesus was coming in 1874. Nothing was ever done to me, they had no answer, and just walked out. (mainly because I have now avoided them)

• bavman
    bavman

that's hilarious schnebelly! good for you.

• Dino
    Dino

Hello schne_belly.

Damn what an interesting story!

You really should post this as a new topic, as it will get lost in here.

Best to you and your moxy,

Dino

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit