Anyone Punished for Speaking About UN NGO Scandal?

by AlanF 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AlanF
    AlanF

As a followup to my thread "Who Was Shocked By the Watchtower UN NGO Scandal?" ( http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/89877/1.ashx ) I'd like to know if anyone was disfellowshipped, disassociated, marked, shunned or otherwise punished for speaking about the scandal.

AlanF

• avishai
    avishai

Not me, but, damn, good question, Alan!!!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I was already punished before that came about. But got my butt chewed out when I brought it up to my jw family!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

When I asked why my Uncle had the UN card and he was a part of the whole thing....They said he has reasons. Jehovah's holy spirit maybe upon him going there to aid us.

I thought it was crap ...They have been shunning me a little and keeping distance ever since I asked questions!

Brooke

• undercover
    undercover

No, I haven't been 'punished' but then I was inactive before I learned about it. I have been very careful about who I speak to about misgivings and mistrusts of the WTS. I have not had any conversations with elders or with anyone that I feel would run to an elder about the UN/WTS situation.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I almost got my ass kicked for bringing it up with my JW relatives.

As usual......it was all lies, Lies LIES !!!!!!!

• Aztec
    Aztec

Alan. I would have to had actually mentioned it to someone to have received punishment.

One thing I have been considering doing is using my newfound skills in Word, Excel and Powerpoint and working up a little brochure to hand to the dubs that I keep running into in exchange for taking the WT and Awake from them. I'd make it look as innocuous as possible. I wonder if I could get anyone to read it...

• kls
    kls

I brought it up to my husband and printed you the info from the UN web site. OMG you would have thought i showed him his mother naked,he went into a huge rage calling me an Apostate ( ok i am ) and the web is all lies and how i look and want to believe bad things about the loving jws. O,kkkk

• Bryan
    Bryan

It was when I first found this site that I discovered the UN issue. My daughter, who was pioneering at the time, was visiting. I was flabbergasted myself and asked her to read the information. Once she left for her home, she never spoke to me again. She has even informed me via letter that I am not to call her and that I am a detriment to her spirituality.

Yes, I am being punished.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• kls
    kls

Sorry Bryanbut you had to try.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit