Another Newbie From Wisconsin

by pisces 32 Replies latest jw friends

• pisces
    pisces

Hi Everyone!!! I have been reading many of the posts and I can not get over how many people have similar feelings to me. I would like to share my background. First I was born into the organization and all the relatives that I knew were JWs. Unfortunately for me, my aunt's children were probably the most revered and idolized Witnesses in the state. I am not kidding, one was even baptized as early as six or seven years old. These kids were put into homeschool and began pioneering at an early age. At the same time, I was just an unbaptized publisher who didn't give talks and barely ever answered. In my own defense I am a bit shy and generally like to just be the observer, but we know that Witnesses judge people based on performance and not the quality of a person's heart. I was constantly told that I should try to be more like my cousins to the point of where I was depressed and felt like a disappointment to everyone in my family. When I got to be about 18 I got a job where a local elder worked, one day he saw me smoking a cigarette and instead of being a man, and confronting me about it, he called my cousin's parents and told them that I smoke and that I am not a good association. Now that I am older I look back and I actually think he did me a favor. Anyhow I haven't set foot in a KH since the Memorial of 2001 and couldn't be happier. I have been blessed with two beautiful children and last year I got engaged to my wonderful never- been- a- Witness boyfriend who has a ton of hot tattoos. Well that is a summary of my story. I really look forward to contributing to the topics. Pisces xoxoxo

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board, pisces.

Hope to hear more from ya.

Joy

• kls
    kls

Yippie Wisconsin, another newbie from my state.!!!!!!!!! Sorry , got alittle carried away for a moment

Welcome Pisces,,,,,,,you is among friends

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Welcome . . .Wisconsin, one of my favorite states.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Greetings. You've found a good place to be. The waters are gentel here.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Right on, Pisces!!! and WELCOME

I had the same sort of trouble trying (and failing) to live up to the examples set by my solid gold JW cousins! Ah well.

Look forward to hearing more from you...

~Merry

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Yippie, Its good to have you here. Talk all you want pisces.

Wisconsin,,, wow. Must be a great place. :)

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Woo Hoo! Another Wisconsinite! Welcome! We have quite a few from Wisconsin here. Perhaps my dream of a Witness-free state is starting to come true. LOL

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

>> Wisconsin,,, wow. Must be a great place. :)

Yes it is. Just too damn cold right now. :-) but that should be changing, right around the time silent shuffles off to San Jose for the summer :-( I get to miss the WI apostate fest too :-(

Anyway, I haven't seen a JW since moving here 2 years ago....

• Es
    Es

Welcome! Enjoy! es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit