What Is The Purpose Of Life? - please read if you care about me

by Cygnus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

These last 2 months have been the worst of my life. I can only answer my subject question by saying the purpose of life is the 4 things sought after in The Wizard Of Oz: Love, Courage, Intelligence, and Home.

And we all possess them whether we know it or not. And especially Love. For a person is judged not by how he loves others, but how much he is loved by others. And I feel so much love. Thank you SO MUCH, I am eternally grateful, to everyone who might read this and know me and who have shared their love with me.

• Satanus
    Satanus

You could be right. I saw the wizzard of oz for the first time about a yr ago. I found it to be very moving.

S

• kls
    kls

Cygnus, thou i am alittle puzzled by your post i do want to say that i do care about you and all people have hard times ,some more then others but we pick our selves up and continue on knowing there are others that do care.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Cygnus,

I just read your post "the awakening". Very moving. Hope you're able to continue coping with whatever you're going through. What's going on?

GG

• upside/down
  • Cygnus
    Cygnus

What is going on is I am 33 years old, I have physical ailments since my open heart surgery 2 1/2 years ago that make me feel 80, I have severe mental depression, anger, you name it. I have abused narcotics (pain pills, nothing worse, not cocaine or heroin but pain pills are bad enough) and I am going into rehab tomorrow. I have had serious suicidal thoughts recently. I need tons of help. And it's time to get professional help beyond therapy one hour a week (which helps, but isn't enough). I want my life back. I have been on antidepressants for 2 years but they don't help, not yet anyway. It's time to get on living or get on dying. I want the former. So I posted just to let my friends know I am at least trying. And if I disappear I am not dead, just doing whatever the rehab/mental hospital satellite office tells me I have to do. Life is so depressing when not on drugs. I need to kick the drugs, the painkillers, and get on living without them. So far I have not been honest with myself or anyone else for fear of ridicule or embarrassment. I don't care anymore. I would have been dead 40 years ago with my heart ailment. 20 years ago they would have given me a 50/50 chance at surgery. So I'm lucky just to be here. I don't want to kill myself but I think about it a lot. So please be kind to me and have patience. Some of you have known me for over 8 years. Please be nice and understanding, as you always have been, like when you helped me get out of the Witnesses. I'll say more if I have to... tonight. I go to rehab tomorrow morning.

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

I don't know you, and hardly think you count me as a friend, but I wish you the best on your road ahead. I hope you can find healing and strength to face what you need to, and can find peace of mind and heart.

Cerise~

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I've been sitting here for a while now trying to find the right words, and they just won't come out right no matter how hard I try. I can really empathize with you, hope that things will get better soon and that you will find the help and answers you need in rehab.

Do not give up.

(((((((((((Cygnus))))))))))

Jeannie

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Also, may I recommend William Shatner's record from last year called "Has Been". He co-wrote it with Ben Folds and it also features Aimee Mann, Joe Jackson, Henry Rollins, and others. One song says in its lyrics, "LIVE LIFE, like you're gonna die..... cause you're gonna. Maybe you won't suffer, maybe it'll be quick, but you'll have time to think, 'Is this all there was? What was all the fuss? Why did I bother? Why did I waste it? Why didn't I taste it?'... You'll have time."

I don't want to think that when I die. It's an excellent record. Go to http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002RUPH4/qid=1115171490/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-4451454-6110421?v=glance&s=music and read the reviews. Then buy it. It's worth every penny. It's worth a 100 dollars. It will really make you think when you hear a 73 year old man spill his guts.

• kls
    kls

Cygnus , never feel embarresed or ashamed for all you have been through and admiting you have a problem. Right now you are the strongest person i know and you must feel for us to share this part of your life with us. We will be here when you get out of rehab and support you in any way we can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit