IT'S FRIGGING SNOWING & HAILING OUTSIDE!!

by Mary 28 Replies latest jw friends

• lilbit
    lilbit

Warm and sunny here in Las Vegas Im trying to enjoy it while I can because soon it will be over 100 every and I can barely go outside while the sun is up. Want to trade?

• G Money
    G Money

Marry you? Hmmm.......

Well I went to the beach Sunday, had to keep the tan going. It nice out today, sunny and about 24, I should be at the beach. But here I remain at work, trying to make a dollar or two or a thousand.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Try British weather! We get rain all year round. We can have rain and extremely cold temperatures even in July and August. I've visited Ontario in Summer and unless you have freak weather, you have gorgeous summers! The winters must suck though.

Sirona

(surprised I used the americanism "suck" LOL)

• gumby
    gumby

Mary.....hows come every time you cuss... I start gettin flacid? Quit it...will ya?

We're supposed to get hail here in sunny california today or tomarrow with thunderstorms and lightning. The only reason I'm glad about it is so I'll have an excuse to sit on me arse and do this.

Gumbum

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Yup, and I've seen it hail, snow big fat flakes, AND, thunder and lightening all at the same time, but only twice in my life. Now,, that was freaky....only in Canada EH???

Ooooops---not exactly!

We have the same weather here, in upstate NY. It snowed on Mother's day a few years ago. I remember the first time I heard the thunder and saw lightning during a blizzard after we moved here. We never know what to expect!

Annie

• Soledad
    Soledad

that's interesting weather.

seriously, its pretty cool outside. It feels more like March than May

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I'd marry you, but your Father would have to settle for a sheep and some chickens as a dowrey!

Seriously, though, I wish you good weather! <<< Your very own island!

CG

• Carmel
    Carmel

Dang! The roses and Rhodys are all in bloom here and the lawn furniture is out! Have to check with wifey though about starting a harem! Can I get back with ya?

carmel

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Maybe this scientific explanation will calm your nerves. What you were experiencing was not hail and snow, but rather snow and ice pellets.

When the temprature in one layer of the atmosphere is over 0 celcius, the snow that's in the clouds turns to ice pellets when it reaches the surface, which may have been at that time under 0 C. The snow came from another, closer layer of the atmosphere, which where the temprature was under 0 C.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

NO - say it aint so!

Southern Ontario........I can't believe it: we've got snow AND f*cking hail coming down!!!!!!.....

Please tell me this is unusual and it will be warm in two weeks. I am coming to Ontario for the first time - stopping at Toronto and Niagara. And I have spent all my money buying vest tops and summery floaty linen items for the trip.

However honesty is more important than tickling my ears - am I to expect snow and rain for my visit? What kind of temperature will it be? Over here its been surprisingly warm and sunny and I already have dark tan lines from weekends in the garden since the end of March.

Oh bugger - I wasnt even goign to take a coat with me as the luggage allowance is stingy and I'd rather bring shoes and books!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit