WHAT was the nicest compliment anybody ever paid you? What did they say?

by Terry 37 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

My grade 8 homeroom teacher was concerned that I was too sad all the time. She told me I had a beautiful smile and I should share it with people more.

Dams

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    My grade 8 homeroom teacher was concerned that I was too sad all the time. She told me I had a beautiful smile and I should share it with people more.

Wow.... I had a 9th grade psych teacher who asked on several occasions if I was depressed or if anything was wrong. I would always reply "no, nothing is wrong". I remember the last time he asked he turned away and left looking upset or angry. At the time I did not understand why because I also did not understand that I was depressed. I had literally been depressed for so long that I thought my feelings were "normal" and therefore did not recognize my feelings as depression.

Looking back at my childhood and adolescence, I now can see that I was painfully depressed and had extremely low self esteem. If anyone were to have asked me then, I would always have answered that I was not depressed and that I had great self esteem.

Toward the end just before I DAed, I worked at a very large community bank... one of the largest in the US. I mention this to give you perspective of the power and abilities of the CFO of the company. At one point he started to show he liked me a lot. He started by asking me over to work on his PC... later he and his wife would have me over just for socializing and we would kid around together. He even showed me some of the word work and carpentry projects he liked to work on at home. I don't think many people at the bank were aware of him building these things. He build all sorts of very nice wood furniture. At one point they asked me what religion I was. I responded very quietly and with my head down that I was a JW. They looked at me and said: "There's no reason to be embarrassed". What they did not understand was that I was painfully embarrassed of being a JW and that I did not believe it to begin with... but I was still required to answer with the "correct" answer every JW was supposed to answer with.

I look back on that now and realize just how much I hated being a JW... I just had not realized it yet.

• Bryan
    Bryan

At a restaurant on my way the Mens room, two women stopped me and asked if I would come and sit at their table. They had a girlfriend they wanted to introduce to me. I said thanks, but I'm sitting with my fiancee. I thought that was nice.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

hired two people to replace me when I left a previous employment

• talesin
    talesin

I was standing waiting for the bus one day. Depressed, lonely, feeling like crap as usual. The NATO fleet was in town. A group of British sailors passed by (they are by far the most polite and sweet young guys of all the navy fleets). One of them walked back, came up to me and said "I just have to tell you that you have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen", then walked away. Thanks!

tal

(always thought my dark circles were ugly, but now I know they are "bette davis eyes" )

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

A few years ago I had a client and we were finishing our work together. She told me that she was preparing something special for our last session together.

She recorded the song "In the Arms of an Angel" by Sarah McLachlanand brought that into the office and played it. As the music ended she told me that when she heard this song she always thought of our work together and imagined me cradled her inner child in my arms and giving her comfort. She said I would always be her angel.

Spend all your time waiting for that second chance
    For the break that will make it ok
    There's always some reason to feel not good enough?
    And it's hard at the end of the day
    I need some distraction, oh beautiful release
    Memories seep from my veins
    They may be empty and weightless, and maybe
    I'll find some peace tonight

In the arms of an Angel, fly away from here
    From this dark, cold hotel room, and the endlessness that you fear
    You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie
    You're in the arms of an Angel; may you find some comfort here

So tired of the straight line, and everywhere you turn
    There's vultures and thieves at your back
    The storm keeps on twisting, you keep on building the lies
    That you make up for all that you lack
    It don't make no difference, escaping one last time
    It's easier to believe
    In this sweet madness, oh this glorious sadness
    That brings me to my knees

In the arms of an Angel, far away from here
    From this dark, cold hotel room, and the endlessness that you fear
    You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie
    In the arms of an Angel; may you find some comfort here

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

A couple of people have told me that I'm a free spirit. I take that as a supreme complement.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

two elders told me that i'm very intelligent and the intellectual head of the young people in our congo.

they wanted me to take the responsibility for everyone, as they said, all of the young guys would look up to me and do just what i say. i told them that everyone got his own head to think and it's not my problem what the others do or think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit