WHAT was the nicest compliment anybody ever paid you? What did they say?

by Terry 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

I had somebody call my attention to the fact I cannot accept a compliment the other day.

I thought about it and they are right. So, I might modify my original Topic Question to:

Are you able to accept the nice compliment when it comes your way? Why not?

With me, I must admit I am wary of accepting the valuation of a stranger when I don't know their values on other things. This utter skepticism must be very tiresome for somebody trying to say something offhandly nice. Sigh.

T.

• Quentin
    Quentin
    Are you able to accept the nice compliment when it comes your way? Why not?

No.

I was always the kid nobody wanted on their team. Both my parents were cold and distant. No hugs, no kisses...that I can remember. I had no sense of self worth, none...then being raised a JW to boot...what can one say? If someone compliments me I do one of two things (number one 80% of the time) become embarrased, or suspicious. There is no in between. I can't take a compliment...give a weak smile, mumble thanks and head for the nearest door or window, which evers closer...

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

"I do"

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Someone once said they wish they could see the world through my eyes.

The person who taught me photography...what little I know, admitted to me that I had surpassed him. That felt so good.

My friend in Mexico told me that all I see became everything to me. I think something was lost in the translation, but she was crying so I think it meant a lot....

My friend who was dying told me I was the smartest and truest person he knew. That I had the answer very early on and that he wished he had lived his life the way I had and still did. "Dont loose your heart!" he said..

My Gammie told me before she died that she loved me and that God had given her the best of her daughters, I thought that was wonderful seeing I was only a stray mutt she took in.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Someone said that instead of acting like a nice guy who's really a jerk, I act like a jerk but am really a nice guy.

GBL

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

A former employer saw me cleaning windows one day. Now, he and I used to drink and party alot before I was a JW, going to bars and picking up wimminz. So he came up to me and we started talking and catching up a bit. I told him I had become a JW. His response was,

" WHAT!!!??? YOU??? A JEHOVAH WITNESS??? YOU??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ANYONE BUT YOU!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH!!!"

I didn't take it as a compliment at the time, but I do now.

W

• chrissy
    chrissy

A girl I worked with once told me I couldn't look trashy if I tried upon questioning the business appropriateness of my outfit. It was strange, but i accepted it.

I like those compliments that accidentally get back to you through a third party best. As in, "so and so said this about you."

My worst compliment came from the witnoid boy of my sixteen year old dreams saying,"you wouldn't look right with big breasts." not what a girl wants to hear, dork.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    My worst compliment came from the witnoid boy of my sixteen year old dreams saying,"you wouldn't look right with big breasts." not what a girl wants to hear, dork.

lmao! Hell, ALL big breasts are good!

*** Pokes Chrissies Boobie ***

• chrissy
    chrissy

that's not nice little boy...i'm telling your mother.

• Elsewhere

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit