Things you shouldn't have liked as a Witness.......BUT DID!!!

by ScoobySnax 45 Replies latest jw friends

• jws
    jws

Planet of the Apes movies, missing any meeting or Saturday morning field service, I dream of Jeanie, Sigmund and the Sea Monsters (with Witchie-poo), drinking, rock music, R-rated movies, "worldly" girls.

Anything they either explicitly said no to or implicitly made it taboo and made it all the more fun to do. Sometimes I would feel like I was playing "Hogan's Heros", devising schemes to get away with things. Now that I'm old enough and live my own life away from the JWs, there's really no extra thrill if I see an R-rated movie.

If there's anything I miss about being a witness, it's that feeling of being a secret rebel.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

sending Christmascards (but NOT to dubs), and glueing all cards I received on the walls...

going to birthdays and eating the cake....accepting a Christmas bonus from my boss (always a generous one) as well as birthday's presents....

collecting little fairy figurines (allthough they told me that I should'nt do that)

watching:

I dream of Jeanie

Bewitched (Samantha Eggar ?)

Harry Potter.... (and reading the books - much nicer to read then the Watchtower)

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

JWS--please explain what was wrong with Planet of the Apes? Just curious. Of course the JWs could find something wrong with everything.

• Chia
    Chia

Haha, I always said "You too" to having a happy new year. I never saw anything wrong with that, wishing someone a successful year. Guess that's why I'm in trouble!

I would say "strumming"--Crumpet, isn't that your term?--having a boyfriend, reading any type of book I want, seeing any movie I want, going out dancing, and being my bold and brazen self instead of being "submissive."

• talesin
    talesin

LMAO @ IP_SEC (like it owes me money) and Minimus (giving talks, me too!)

Reading books, rock and roll, and Hallowe'en. Though only a kid, I loved these three things and felt soooo guilty, but I just couldn't help myself. I read forbidden books (Hesse, King, deMaupassant), listened to forbidden music (remember "the Pusher", by Steppenwolf? oh, the profanity! heheheh), and drew forbidden pictures at certain times of the year (witches, black cats).

t

• Shania
    Shania

Love oral sex and going into the naughty store, I would actually keep my sunglasses on when we would go to buy bedroom toys, it was okay cuz I was married to the PO and he said it was okay and I always listened to the eldoors-----------------always wore mini skirts when we would go away , we love being naughty.................I always felt bad though teaching my study that according to the Tower, oral sex was wrong-----------------------------how can something that feels so damn good be wrong? Oh yeah, single dirty old men in New York make up those rules-----------------well we refuse to let them into our bedroom..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit