Insane real estate market

by target 23 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well my Grandparents paid 8k(WI) for their house in the 60's!

I am sure the property and where it is located its close to a 1m. Not too bad!

Brooke

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well my Grandparents paid 8k(WI) for their house in the 60's!

I am sure the property and where it is located its close to a 1m. Not too bad!

Brooke

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Insane, try the San Francisco Bay Area. I grew up there and I dont see how anyone can afford to buy a home there if they are first time home buyers. even with me and my husband working what we could afford was not in the Bay Area proper, had to go out to Tracy and Stockton just to see stuff in our price range and then 3 months later we were priced out.

Thank God we moved to Indiana where the market is normal.

Josie ~ homeowner at last

• upside/down
    upside/down

whyamihere--- you're hickupping.... hold your breathe and count to one million.... works everytime. LOL

u/d

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Ok U/D...lol

Can you count for me?

Brooke

• target
    target

Well it is over. We settled on an offer of $15,500 above the asking price, waived the appraisal and we pay no costs. We had three offers on the table that were equal but this one seemed more stable. So we make $118,500 on a house we had 4 years and we paid cash for it to start with. Kind of makes up for the money we lost in the 401K thanks to the Bush economy.

It was hard to choose between the offers, thought of asking for their first born to see how far they would go but then what would I do with the kid.

So now we work on getting the packing done and moving plans. After our car got stolen again a few weeks ago, I really really want to get away from Phoenix. the crime and air polution are horrible. And then there is the summer heat to look forward to.

And life goes on.............

Target

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I paid 78k for my house 3 years ago.

It'd probably sell for around 80k now.

Dan, po'-folks class

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I know what you mean about real estate prices being insane in Arizona. I live in Tucson. We bought a house at the end of 2003. Here it is 1 1/2 years old and I was looking at prices for the same home now and the base cost is $150,000 more than when we bought ours.

I remember a real estate agent I was talking to about a year ago and she said prices were rising so quickly here that people would sign for their new homes on Friday and before they broke land, on Monday they had $7,000 in equity already.

I live here and don't understand this for 2 reasons:

1.) It is freaking hot here, why would anyone want to live here? And:

2.) I don't know much about Phoenix and money but we here are known as the "minimum wage town."

Great for the seller, not so great for the buyer.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

yep,

my ex and i sold out place for $210,000 more than we paid for it 8 years ago. We put $50,000 worth of renovations into it. It was on the market for 24 hours, we got $20,000 more than we were asking for it.

Market works for me at the moment.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Consumer Reports recently rated the Real Estate Market in Orange County, CA as the most over-priced in the nation.

One of the reasons for the dense forested areas in the Woodlands is that they have left room for the "slush pits". That's right! When you buy your land, you don't get the mineral rights. They can come in any time and drill for oil on your property. In Texas terms, the Woodlands is high dollar real estate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit