Insane real estate market

by target 23 Replies latest jw friends

• target
    target

It is unbelievable here in Phoenix Arizona. It is absolutely insane.

We listed our house at a little more than $100,000 above what we paid for it 4 years ago when we built it. 20 minutes after it went online with MLS we had a full price offer site unseen. 30 minutes later we had an offer for $9000 over list price, waiving the appraisal, site unseen. Within 24 hours we had 5 offers and only one of them had come to see the house. No time to put up a sign. We are now nogatiating with the two best offers. I wonder why I busted my butt for two weeks getting the house all ready when no one comes to see it. Our son will make $150,000 on the house he has had for 2 years. People are just nuts. the average person does not have a chance in this market.

We are moving to The Woodlands, TX and the market is normal there.

Target

• catchthis
    catchthis

The Woodlands is not the cheapest area in town, but on the grand scale of things real estate-wise, it is much more stable than say, Las Vegas.

• kls
    kls

Wow Target , that is unreal. You must live in a real hot spot or people really want to live in Arizonia.

Congrats on your move to Texas but remember you can always come back to Wisconsin

• target
    target

KLS

The Woodlands is dense forest and reminds me a lot of Wisconsin, only without the winters. When we were there recently, we really did not want to leave. When you live in Wisconsin for 50+ years it is really hard to adjust to Arizona. Everything seems dead when you are used to trees and grass. The trees they have here are skimpy things with thorns. I want the kind of trees squirrels live in.

It is all the California people who are making a lot of money there in real estate and then they come here and pay cash. Not one of our offers came from people who were not investors. The housing goes way up while wages are going down. It is all going to crash.

Target

• kls
    kls
    The trees they have here are skimpy things with thorns. I want the kind of trees squirrels live in.

Target , i don't know if i could ever live skimpy things with thorns, i like trees to much.

Well wether it all goes bust or not ,at least you will be out with money,,,,,,,,,

• Satanus
    Satanus

Is it because the usa is polarising more towards the really rich at one end and the poor remaining poor? Just wondering. Not trying to turn this into politics.

S

• freedom96
    freedom96

Insane?? Try San Diego!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I am from WI it is not so bad....in 7 months our House went up 8,000. I hardly did anything to it.

Brooke

• upside/down
    upside/down

Orange County Cali.... my parents paid 29K for their house in the burbs in 1975

That same piece of crap house built in the 60's is worth.... 600K!!!

That's bullsh*t!

u/d (of the we need to rob from the rich and give to the poor me class)

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well my Grandparents paid 8k(WI) for their house in the 60's!

I am sure the property and where it is located its close to a 1m. Not too bad!

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit