Do you ever wish you were a Moron?

by GetBusyLiving 32 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

I was for 20 years....

u/d

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

No, but I see plenty of them when I drive through Utah....

• Bas
    Bas

For morons it might be easier to live a happy life. Being intelligent does not imply being happy at all. So sometimes I wish I was a moron, though not necesarily a religious one.b

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Is your bullsh*t meter always cranked up to overdrive these days?

hey GBL. totally. since leaving the dubs, my defenses are way up. it's almost unhealthy. but at the same time, i do not want to be taken for a ride again, ever! i have become a skeptic of pretty much everything. perhaps someday i will lighten up, but for now, i am still in war mode...teeth clenched.

I'm a happy enough guy but I find I get somewhat irritated reading of the faith people have in their belief systems, even outside of the dubs. I'm not trying to be condecending with this post at all. What I'm saying is if you can't really put faith in a God based on evidence is it worth it just to create one in your mind to use as a crutch? And how does one go about doing this?

IMHO, i do not think it is worth it to create ones own mythology as a crutch. that's how cults and religions get started! someone apostasizes from one older faith, starts creating a framework of belief beyond their own conciousness, makes his/her own meme to spread, and next thing we know is there are a bunch of people running around calling it the "one true" religion. again, IMO, i think that if we are going to progress as a civilization, we need to shed belief in the supernatural for a naturalistic world view.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I'd just like to know where Smith came up with great names like Moroni, Coriantumr, Zeniff, etc.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

: we need to shed belief in the supernatural for a naturalistic world view.

I agree with this. I think that any 'Sky Daddy' sort of beliefs are doomed to the realm of 'faith' and that faith by its very nature can turn ugly real quick. Why can't we all just accept that the unknowable is unknowable? I just don't feel the NEED to believe in a God that some people do, and certainly not to worship 'She' 'He' "It' or 'Them' (S.H.I.T).

GBL

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Leolaia, if you mix a little schizophrenia, a touch of sociopath, and a god complex with a strong sexual drive and maybe a touch of alcohol, "viola".

You have the J Smiths and the J Rutherfords the Branch Davidians of the world.

Outoftheorg

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

For all you Joseph Smith whiners - have you actually read his story!!!?? He achieved more than any of us ever will. Josepg Smith IMHO is the greatest prophet ever to have walked this earth. But like I said before I am stupid.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I think its sooo funny that this topic went from a moron bashing thread to a mormon bashing thread.

GBL

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

..wasn't that what you were aiming at?..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit