Are the jws asocial?

by badboy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

Its says in one of the ads that jws are asocial,do you think it is true?

• phil78
    phil78

Asocial means rejecting or lacking the capacity for social interaction. It leaves a twisted answer.

Witnesses are admonished to stay clear of all outside "worldly" associations. This would make them apear to those outside the faith as being anti-social. But on the other hand, most witnesses have a moderately busy social calendar, with social events most weekends.

?It's not that you're so asocial, but a man who likes people doesn't wind up in the Antarctic? (Saul Bellow).

• JAVA
    JAVA

Most JWs do well in JW settings and social events, but might find more challenges in what they perceive a "worldly" social setting. For example, attending an office party, attending a wedding at a church, getting together with other employees after work, etc.

The Watchtower encourages a mindset of seeing non-JWs as worldly, and in time many members have a difficult time in social settings apart from Witness gatherings. I'm going to call them hybrid-social, because it depends on the group they're with.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

No! Now go away!!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I'd say that asocial is a little too constrictive a definition - I'd rather say that "conditional sociability" is probably a better one.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i think in the world at large, JW's are, in a strange way, probably more subconciously, asocial.

"conditional sociability"

this is a good one.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

This is noe of the main things I am still working on. On top of that, my father also has some anti-social issues from his own childhood abuse, and I picked up on his cues at a young age.

• love11
    love11

Not to other jw's.

But definetly to everyone normal. hehe

• blondie
    blondie

I think you spelled that wrong, badboy, it should be asoal. Woops, my dark side is showing.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Blondie I'm shocked! You are usually so monotone.. :)

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit