What is the Real Financial Cost of a Circuit Assembly?

by FairMind 33 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I was at a Circuit Assembly. This was about 33 years ago. They are always in deficit mode. This was late Sunday afternoon. Last chance to fleece our dear Brother's and Sister's pockets. Announcement... The Circuit is still $600.00 in the hole. The brother in charge of the circuit account was a rich wheat farmer. No wife. No children. In fact all behind the guarded door in Administration, could be considered "rich" in that little area of the world.

Who shows up with a personal check to cover the whole expense? A First Nations Brother who's family was considered Head Chief's and honorable. Everyone else, sorry, "white", were sitting on their pocketbooks.

He gives the check to the Accounts overseer, who studied with him and who also is his presiding overseer (COBE) at the time. Richard says to us, "Ray can't afford this". He did not tear up Ray's check though. PS... Ray has gone on to the Big Hunting Ground in the Sky. His wife was honored a few years back for her great help and care, her Humanitarism, in the Nursing field, helping her people.

I am honorable and Ray would understand why I cannot use his last name at this time. When I no longer fear the WT and am comfortable to live my life as a fader with no repercussions, I will come back and post his and his wife's last name. Ray and his wife and their whole Family did more for their First Nations community, then ALL 5,000 JW's, in an area of 1,000,000 people.

Ray gave that day but I think it also woke him up. Thankfully, he and his family left that "Would you like to have a free home Bible study and NO "collections" are ever taken" (collections are a different word than fleece) religion, and went back to the peaceful, loving and charitable one of their ancestors.

LoisLane

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Talk about inflation! Our assembly today.

Attendance 2368

cost $22311.95

last assembly surplus $5115

Extra donation sent to WWW $5000

extra donation sent to KHBF $5000

funds in circuit account before this assembly $23000

our circuit donates about $30000 at each one day assembly I have no idea how. That's $13 for every man woman and child in attendance. An average family of four would need to give $52. My family of four gave nada.

• Olivia Wilde
    Olivia Wilde
    Wow the last assembly we had in summer the expense was 11k it always goes between 11,000- 13,0000 per day, we are usually 2300 in attendance, i also don't understand why soo much & this last time I noticed a drop in attendance because normally we are around 3300, i wonder if they decreased the # of congregations per circuit now...
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Expect the amount to continue to go up. The borg's gotta get money somehow now that their printing empire is drying up. We can always hope that wtbts will go the way of thousands of newspapers. OUT OF BUSINESS!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit