TMS

by loosie 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• skyman
    skyman

As long as you keep going to the Borg's meetings you'll be pressured to give talks. Either be honest with the Borg Elders or have a sick felling in your heart every time you are asked to give a talk. Simply faking sick, or not showing up will altimately not work. If you say no more talks and think they'll leave you a lone you're crazy. They'll smell your questioning spirit and start look for way's to get you. You'll become their pray. I know I have hunted person like you for years when I was a faithful Borg.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Simply faking sick, or not showing up will altimately not work.

Depends on if you say you are under a doctors care or not. Worked for me for about 4 years running... haha

If you say no more talks and think they'll leave you a lone you're crazy. They'll smell your questioning spirit and start look for way's to get you.

The body of elders in my old congregation really didn't care that much to chase people around. They were too busy drinking in the evenings and weekends to take that much seriously. In fact, if I had not gone to them to 'confess' like an idiot good little dub, I'd have probably got away scot free like all the other people in that congo...

You'll become their pray. I know I have hunted person like you for years when I was a faithful Borg.

*shakes fist at skyman* Not earning any brownie points in my book, pal... Awwww... I suppose it just means you were duped like the rest of us into believing it mattered... Jeannie

• loosie
    loosie
    Aplogize profusely and go to the bathroom to 'rest' for 5 minutes. Then, excuse yourself from the hall and when you are scheduled for another talk, break down in tears and say that your therapist has told you to your stress levels are so high that you are not to engage in such activity until your medication starts to work.
    You will also want to wear very modest undergarments for the occasion in case your dress flips up over your melon when you fall off the chair.

Jeaniebeanz - you crack me up.

elderettes

I thought I was the only one that used that term

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

I know, I just stopped doin them.

They scheduled them for me and i'd either not turn up or ring the day off and say I wouln't be doing my talk. Never gave a reason. was none of their buisness.

Eventually they stopped giving me talks.

My mother in law doesn't do them, say's she cna't do them due to stress reasons, has not done them in years.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Damn, skyman, you were one hard-ass dub elder! I'm glad you're out now.

• Purza
    Purza

I told them I was depressed and I just couldn't handle the stress. They bought it for awhile -- by then I was gone.

Purza

• gumby
    gumby

I'd be willin to bet anyone here a big twisted up fatty.....that not participating in the TMS will not hinder you as a good speaker in the ministry. Just watching other speakers and listening to their council will train a person without that person having 'hands on experience' in the school......same as college can teach you things before you enter your field.

Gumby

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No the eact opposite I always looked for excuses for giving more talks - I love the TMS

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Loosie,

Does anyone have some good excuses for getting out of giving talks in the theocratic ministry school?
    Yes, was tired of massaging the turd.

Dismembered "Don't you go dyin' on me now"

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Just tell the elder that assigns the talk you are afraid to give the talk, because all the subjects you are assigned give you a woody on stage.

I am sure you will not be asked to give another talk for a while at least.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit