(JW) Molester on the run!

by AntiPode 47 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Was wondering if there was any new news on this today.........did not get to watch anything. I know this am on FOX they are still talking about abducted children and the new laws they want to enforce for sex abuse offenders.......constantly having them tagged and GPS monitored to know where they are and also that they cannot be rehibilitated. Did anyone else hear this?

purps

• AntiPode
    AntiPode

Latest news video from Fox News:

This site has a video of the McClean (McClain) case. Go to 'top videos' and its titled 'McClean Assault'.

http://www.fox6.com/

You may have to hold the CTRL key while clicking on it if you have pop-up blockers going.

• AntiPode
    AntiPode

No news is bad news in the case of Rick Mclain (McClean).

No word over the weekend on his whereabouts, but almost certainly somewhere in Southern CA.

His capture is imminent (none too soon).

A reminder in one of the articles about this fugitive is that he's a dangerous molester.

• Bas
    Bas

Let's hope they get him before the momentum of attention starts to fade....thanks for updating us Antipode, and welcome to the forum.

Bas

• frightenedmom
    frightenedmom

I am a very concerned mother. I knew aka Rick McClean for several years. He spent many years with our family. We attended the same Kingdom Hall as he did. My children were exposed to him although the elders knew of his private confession , though the congregation did not have a clue, other than the elders and those privy to such information. Not once was I told to watch out for him. He held a position as a ministerial servant. They appeared to be the "perfect family". Thinking that he was just trying to be spiritually upbuilding to my family, he abused that. I wish that Jehovah's Witness elders would have warned me even if they didn't choose to mention his act of a prior molestation. I feel very victimized and hope he is caught. There were many young girls in the Alpine Kingdom Hall when he attended. I hope they all get the help that they will need as they grow into adults.

A very concerned and frightened mom.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

It is my understanding from Bill that this individual was disfellowshiped some time ago.

Now what does concern me is the large number of apparent illegal actions this person has done and I wonder if this individual, during his time as a JW, was actually covered for by the JW elders and the WTS.

If it is determined that the Elders were aware of the accusations so that law enforcement could have caught this dude some time ago if only a JW elder came forward, then I say all hell is going to break loose in JW land in Kalifornia.

hawk

• AntiPode
    AntiPode
    It is my understanding from Bill that this individual was disfellowshiped some time ago.

The latest information we have learned from a highly reputable source, is that Rick Mclain was disfellowshipped in the summer of 2004.

Prior to moving to the Alpine congregation he was known by us to have been in two different congregations in this area.

• avishai
    avishai

Welcome frightenedmom!!

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I wish that Jehovah's Witness elders would have warned me even if they didn't choose to mention his act of a prior molestation.

frightened mom, you may want to consider emailing your concerns to silentlambs.org. They may want to post your story on their website (anonymously, with identifiers removed). Stories like yours help JWs and the general public understand how things really work in the congregations. I've talked to a lot of JWs online who absolutely insist that what you describe (the cover up) does not ever happen. It is more credible coming from someone with a personal experience such as you.

I hope your kids were not harmed.

• love11
    love11

Welcome, anti- and fright-

I'm glad you posted and responded to this story. It just goes to show people that the elders (wts) does not think that child molestation is a crime. How horrible for these children! And I bet alot of the children he molested were witness children that had to go to the meetings with their attacker. Shame on the WTS and the elders!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit