(JW) Molester on the run!

by AntiPode 47 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• avengers
    avengers

Something didn't go right with formatting. It's readable though.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

You can run, but you can't hide.

I hope he gets exactly what he deserves.

Yiz

• avengers
    avengers

Could one of the moderators edit my post above?
    It seems that the perp is not living in Vista. Please take out which is printed bold.

Thanks

Andy

Brother Frederick McClean, aka Rick McClain is a member of the congregation in Vista and He's on the loose at this moment with the newscasts here in showing his mug all last night and today still. Write ups in this morning's San Diego Union Tribune and North County Times.

I edited it above for you Andy, but will leave it stand here.

Kate

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Yes, my wife always thought he had a weird look in his eyes-it kind of comes out in his wanted poster, and she always thought he was "creepy".

That is exactly what my first impression was looking at his pic and the smirky, inappropriate smile.

I wonder if his victims were JW children?

purps

• AntiPode
    AntiPode

The information on SilentLambs is not correct in saying he is a member of a Vista congregation. I do not know what his current status as a Witness is or who his last congregation was. This information may come out in further news reports.

Also, he has been on the run since his missed court appearance in January.

Here's an article with some more information:

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/04/22/news/sandiego/21_54_144_21_05.txt

One of the points the article makes, and why the U.S. Marshals are involved is that he may yet be molesting others by gaining their trust. Also, he is (has been) using a couple different names; some may not even know it is him because of this.

(A side note: The U.S. Marshals are the most proficient fugitive captors we have)

Although no further information has been brought out as to who his victims were, one can infer that since he was a member in good standing for the twenty years the molestations took place, his main contacts would have been with other Witnesses and even studies. He was a pioneer and was well-known by many current elders and CO's and PO's around North San Diego County.

I (or others) can update when anything pertinent occurs...

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

any news on this?

• AntiPode
    AntiPode

The Latest Update:

Here's a screenshot from the U.S. Marshals web page at:

http://www.usmarshals.gov/district/ca-s/

and more information at:

http://www.usmarshals.gov/district/ca-s/news/releases/042105.htm

and:

http://www.usmarshals.gov/leads.htm

Still no word on his capture; the local news hasn't mentioned anything either.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I saw this on FOX News today.......they are really hunting him down.

There was a story on child abductions, I really did not get to see it all, as I was working

but his picture was on FOX and the whole waiting room at hospitol was talking about it.

purps

• AntiPode
    AntiPode

Here is an article I found on local Channel 10 news website (highlighting mine):

Manhunt Under Way For Child Molestation Suspect

Suspect Vanishes After Being Charged

POSTED: 8:38 am PDT April 22, 2005 UPDATED: 9:00 am PDT April 22, 2005

SAN DIEGO -- Authorities asked for the public's help in finding a fugitive suspected of sexually assaulting young girls for decades.

An arrest warrant issued in San Diego three months ago accuses Frederick McClean, 54, of four counts of child molestation and an allegation of lewd acts with a child younger than 14.

McClean is a predator who gains children's trust, then exploits it for his sexual gratification, police and prosecutors allege.

Though he most recently lived in the Riverside-area community of Winchester, detectives believe most of the alleged crimes occurred in San Diego County.

One alleged victim, now an adult, reported that McClean assaulted her more than 100 times, starting when she was 5 and ending about seven years later, said Brian Lucio of the U.S. Marshals Service.

"Investigators believe McClean has committed these devious acts over a 20- year period and ... has no reason to stop," he said.

The last known sighting of the suspect was in September, when he made contact with his ex-wife, Lucio said. Authorities believe he went into hiding because he realized that criminal charges against him were imminent.

McClean, the former owner of a race car restoration and sales business, may be driving a small, dark-colored pickup truck or a 1955 Chevrolet, license number 4WQH018.

He is an experienced camper who has frequented the Anza-Borrego and Cuyamaca Mountain areas. Authorities believe he may be hiding in northern San Diego County or southern Riverside County.

McClean is white, 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighs about 170 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Officials asked anyone with information on his whereabouts to call Deputy U.S. Marshal Tom Maranda at (619) 557-6620. Anyone spotting McClean is urged to consider him dangerous and to immediately call 911.

Copyright 2004 by 10News.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

• AntiPode
    AntiPode

Note:

Frederick McClean was known as Rick McClain for years in the congregations he attended.

-Please excuse all my formatting edits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit