(JW) Molester on the run!

by AntiPode 47 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AntiPode
    AntiPode

Here's his wanted poster:

http://www.usmarshals.gov/district/ca-s/fugitives/pdf/fm.pdf

He's all over our local news channels this very moment, being sought by the authorities. Here's the article:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20050421-1438-molester.html

The article doesn't mention his being a Witness, and his current status as one is unknown by us since he moved away a few years back (still in good standing), but the years the molestations took place he was a Witness (even a pioneer). We were in the same congregation for several years.

Here's another article:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050422/news_7m22fugitive.html

Since he's been planning this and liked camping in the desert, I think he may have fled to Mexico to avoid accountability.

Any lurkers have any info?

• kls
    kls

Welcome Antipode and thanks for this interesting news .

• AntiPode
    AntiPode

Thanks for the welcome!

I'll keep this updated as the story progresses. And maybe submit the article(s) to SilentLambs also.

Should put a printout of the wanted poster on the KH doors in this area!

• rebel8
    rebel8

How horrible. I hope they catch him!

Did you notice anything unusual about this guy when you knew him?

• AntiPode
    AntiPode
    Did you notice anything unusual about this guy when you knew him?

Yes, my wife always thought he had a weird look in his eyes-it kind of comes out in his wanted poster, and she always thought he was "creepy". But hey, when you're a Witness you quickly dismiss such things (because you feel you are supposed to), or don't realize the significance of such things, or never really develop the ability to read people, missing things that non-Witnesses, through experience, learn. I guess you never fully develop as a part of the world, and society, when you are a Witness.

So many things I see now that I never did before.

This guy's wife was unable to concieve for years, that being because of combinations of anorexia, depression, poor health; eventually she did have children.

I was never a full-fleged accepted "member of the Men's Club", and even though the guy was likeable enough I never really got to know him personally.

• AntiPode
    AntiPode

Latest Update:

The chief of police in San Diego just gave a news conference (10am) saying this guy is armed and considered dangerous, as the search intensifies...

• avishai
    avishai

Well, i hope they catch him.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hmmm

That is the area we patroled in the 1960's in San Diego county.

Don't know how it is now but then it had a lot of desolate land.

Lots of places to hide except the desert area would leave lots of tire tracts.

Not much in the way of Police presence in the 1960's in that area either.

He has almost a smirk in that smile on the wanted poster.

Put him in prison and he will lose that smirk in a hurry.

Outoftheorg

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I really hope they get him soon. Please update us.

• avengers
    avengers

Received from Silent Lambs this morning.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050422/news_7m22fugitive.html

http://www.usmarshals.gov/district/ca-s/fugitives/pdf/fm.pdf

Brother Frederick McClean, aka Rick McClain. He's on the loose at this moment with the newscasts here in showing his mug all last night and today still. Write ups in this morning's San Diego Union Tribune and North County Times.

Man sought in 8 child molestation casesBy Pauline Repard STAFF WRITER

April 22, 2005

Authorities are looking for a fugitive suspected in eight child molestation cases covering 20 years in and .

Frederick McClean, 54, was described as a sexual predator who knows the law is after him and has nothing to lose.

"Those kind are the most dangerous," said Brian Lucio, spokesman for the San Diego Regional Fugitive Task Force. "He'll do anything to get away."

A warrant for McClean's arrest was issued in January based on a Sheriff's Department investigation. Lucio said the task force has been unable to find McClean and now is turning to the public for help.

Investigators believe McClean may be hiding in or south , Lucio said.

In May, a woman reported to sheriff's deputies that McClean had molested her more than 100 times when she was 5 to 12 years old, Lucio said. McClean, who is married and has children, lived in , north of Temecula, at the time.

An investigation revealed seven other alleged victims, most of them from , Lucio said. The case was turned over to sheriff's detectives.

McClean knows a warrant was issued for his arrest and told family and friends that he would rather die than go to jail. He asked one person to buy him a gun, and, though that person refused, authorities assume McClean has obtained one some other way, Lucio said.

Lucio said investigators fear McClean will continue to find child victims while he is on the run.

"Predators like this don't stop just because a warrant was issued," Lucio said. "He finds families and establishes a trusting relationship. He takes on the role that if they (children) have any problems to come to him."

McClean once owned a race-car restoration business, specializing in Lola chassis Can-Am racing cars from the 1960s and 1970s. He is an experienced outdoorsman who has frequented the Anza-Borrego desert and , Lucio said.

McClean may be driving a small, dark pickup and may have a 1955 Chevrolet with license 4WQH018.

Anyone with information about McClean is asked to call Deputy U.S. Marshal Tom Maranda at (619) 557-6620, ext. 240.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit