Do U Drive @ 55?

by prophecor 37 Replies latest jw friends

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i live close to memphis, tn which was ranked as having like the 2nd worst driver's in the u.s. they actually did a study on it.....so i have to go at least 80-85 to prevent from getting run off the interstate.

luv, kitty

• tweety
    tweety

I use to speed....but since the last judge told me that I am on Probation for the next 3 years and she doesn't want to see me in her courtroom again. I have been a good little girl on the highways!

Dee

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

The speed limits for the highways here are 65 mph. I will not go over 68-69, and usually have my cruise control set so I do not accidentally go any faster. Cars zoom by me left and right sometimes, but I stay in that limit anyways. Let the hotrodders get the tickets.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Let's just say I have Z rated tires on my car for a reason...

J

• Mulan
    Mulan

Our freeways are pretty much all posted as 60 MPH. Even at that speed, the big trucks are passing me. I never see them pulled over either, and that doesn't seem right.

I often find myself going 70 to keep with the traffic flow. I hate getting tickets so try to stay near the speed limit. One day I was going 80 when a police car passed me and he actually smiled at me, when I looked at him.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Just a thought....
    When my daughter got her drivers licence, I took an afternoon off and took her to our local traffic court just to sit and listen. She heard case after case of speeders giving every excuse in the book on why they were speeding. I told her I'll give her $10 for every case that wins.
    I didn't have to pay her a dime. It didn't matter what the excuse was, every case lost.
    She learned a valuable lesson that day.

• upside/down
    upside/down

I remember the really GOOD Dubs that always went 5mph UNDER the speed limit... because 55mph was "the limit" why push it to the limit?

Gag!

Everytime I pass some asshole doing "the limit" and holding up traffic for 10 miles behind him I say "it's gotta be a Dub (or an Asian)"

Don't get your feathers in a bunch (I'm no rascist) YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE!

u/d (or the ready to catch hell from "the stumbled" class)

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Everytime I pass some asshole doing "the limit" and holding up traffic for 10 miles behind him I say "it's gotta be a Dub (or an Asian)"

Don't get your feathers in a bunch (I'm no rascist) YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE!

So funny and so true! I am not a Racist I hate everyone equally!

Brooke

• upside/down
    upside/down
    So funny and so true! I am not a Racist I hate everyone equally!

Amen sista!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I usually hang back and let the speeders by, but keep up with flow. Reasonable and prudent, even if that's 65 in a 50 zone. I agree with you Proph and kls, I don't like the unsafe drivers who insist on going 5 mph under the speed limit in the fast lane. They are the ones who come to a near stop at the end of the on-ramp. Those who zig zag their way through the crowds doen't get anywhere, either, and are prone to cause an accident.

Now, on our street the unposted speed is 25. However, it is not comfortable to do over 20 because of all the foot-traffic and no sidwalks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit