Do U Drive @ 55?

by prophecor 37 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

You mean the kind of drivers that i have to sit on their ass ends with front end of my truck showing it's teeth

• z
    z

And I thought my ASS is not so bad I?m going to ask my wife. hey how is my ass look to ya ?
    Not bad honey not now I?m watching Survivor

• morty
    morty
    Btw what are the speed restrictions in Ontario Canada on the various roads - anyone know? As we'll be driving around the Great Lakes etc...

If it is not posted Crumpet, I believe it is 50 Kilometers an hour...For the most part though, the highways( such as the 400 hundred highways) are a 100 KIL, and the average road is 80 or 90 Kilometers an hour....Places such a small sub division or small town where there are homes, it is 50 or 60 KIL an hour...If your in a school zone, it is 40 KIL as hour....( and if you go over this 40 in a school zone, they cops get pretty ugly about it...You also loose BIG points from your licence...)

I guess bottom line, it just depends where about?s you are when driving....YOu will have to watch for the posted signs crumpet....

I usually drive roughly 100 KIL an hour ( depending on the road or highway I am on) for the most part, my foot is heavy to the floor and I am not driving in circles in the round abouts....

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I went to a charasmatic church once after leaving the witnesses. The speaker made a comment about something along the lines of notice that the front of your car goes up a little when you go over 55MPH? That's the angels getting off the hood of your car because you are breaking the law.

I never went back after that.

These are the same people who drive 55 in the LEFT lane.

• blondie
    blondie

We use cruise control and stick around 56 or 57 (assuming the limit is 55).

There are rare occasions when even the slow lane is going 60 that we pump it up to 60. If everyone is passing you and giving you the finger, it's a clue to go a little faster. In NY they flash their lights. I swear they were going to drive over me.

Then there are times when it is snowy and icy that going 55 in a 55 mph zone is risky business.

Blondie

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

I was cured of speeding in a place with no limit... I had a car to 198km/h (I think about 120mph) and it was starting to feel real bad, so I eased down to 190. The I saw a sign for a limit of 80, then 60 (I think 38mph), then a small town with people on the footpath... I was still doing over 160km/h (100mph) as I went out the other side of the little town. That scared me... and I no longer speed...

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

If you try and drive 55MPH on I95 between NYC and Washington, you get more fingers than in Wendy's Chili.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

No rain and dry roads, I drive at 75-80 mph usually, and the speed limit is 65. 90 if there's no traffic. But it's a pain when there's no traffic on the highway and people are actually doing the speed limit in a lane other than the right one. 80 seems to be the norm.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Is it me, or do the Police seem pretty tollerant of those who don't over-do it, say 65-70mph? It almost seems to be the standard, I mean, as long as your not tooling at 85-100 mph, they seem to be very understanding of the need to push just a bit beyond the totally boring speed of 55mph. Everybody's pushin it to that limit anyway.

What's up with that Northeast corrider of I-95, Pa to Washington run? God, everybody's doing 85-100+ mph. State troopers seem to just lay in the cut and pay everyone no mind. Not that there's anything wrong with it...That stretch of Hi-Way is incredibly exciting.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I always go about 20 to 25 over on the HWY!

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit