Can it be true?

by WA Boy 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• yesidid
    yesidid

Hi Neil and welcome,

I venture to say that your healing won't be complete till you have read "Crisis of Conscience"

It will produce the final carthasis you need.

That did it for most of us here.

Crisis of Conscience (Fourth edition, Revised and Updated - May, 2002)

by Raymond Franz (with topical and Scriptural indexes),
    420 pages, hardbound $19.95; paperback $15.95.
    (U.S. Postage: $1.85, Foreign postage: $6.00)

A former member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses gives a unique insight into the authority structure of that religion. The book allows the reader a view of the decision-making sessions of a religion's inner council, and the powerful, sometimes dramatic, impact their decisions have on people's lives. Although initially written in 1983, the book reveals a distinctive and basic pattern, a pattern which, as the updated information in the third edition shows, continues essentially unchanged. Rather than reducing the book's relevancy, the passage of time serves to manifest the validity of the evidence offered and the currency of the issues and principles involved.

Then when you have read that, you might like to read his second book.

In Search of Christian Freedom

by Raymond Franz, 736 pages, hardbound $21.95; paperback $17.95.
    (U.S. Postage: $2.35, Foreign postage: $6.00)

Freedom is crucial to genuine Christianity. How erosion of Christian freedom began in the early centuries, how it can and does occur today, and the means for resisting the invasion of personal conscience and thought; a sequel to Crisis of Conscience. Discusses teachings of organizational loyalty, door-to-door activity, disfellowshipping, blood, and many others.

http://www.commentarypress.com/booklist-eng.html

BTW the only interest I have in promoting these books is that I want you and everyone else to benefit. IMany libraries have them, or they will get them for you.

yesidid

• fairchild
    fairchild
    Thank you all so much. It is the first time (apart from telling my wife) that I have been able to talk about it. I am feeling a massive sense of relief. I am looking forward to getting to know other like-minded people. Thanks good people! :-)

That's exactly what the board is for. Welcome and hugs.

• Flindersgirl
    Flindersgirl

MATE! Welcome from Adelaide, South Australia!!! Don't worry dahls, you are most definitely NOT the only one!! There are an awful lot of people on here in one stage of recovery or another, you'll be right....Good advice to take it slow...its alot too take in all at once...but I think you'll find it really helpful...good ta meetcha!!

Cheers!

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Hi WA boy, I hope you'll be ok. There's nothing to fear but fear itself.

• And the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary
    • But the angel said to him, "Do not be afraid
    • But the angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid
    • he spoke to them, saying, "Take heart, it is I; have no fear."

You've definitely been hanging out with the wrong crew, and you'll need to get over it.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome WA boy

I was very moved by your life experience...and saddened at the same time.

I am so happy you have a wonderful wife and a young son....and have realize that you are not "alone" with the war casualties from this religion...

I too was raised in it......and understand where you are coming from.

I hope you find this board to be a place of "healing" as I have....

hugs,

Codeblue

• alw
    alw

Hi WA boy (Neil)

Welcome from one aussie to another. Life has only just begun as you will be able to off load all your memories of the borg - thankfully you have a wonderful supportive wife and child so it will get easier!!! Thanks for posting and g'day!! alw

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It can be true Neil, but finding out the tuth about the Truth can be like a punch in the guts, especially if you have made major decisions in your life based on WT Truth, as I have.

I hope you enjoy your new freedom from the guilt shit that went along with being 'drifted'.

I was over your way not so long ago. I have both "ins' and 'outs' friends there. If I'm visiting again, I'll let you know.

Welcome to the board.

Chris

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Hey WABoy - so good to have you here. I am reasonably new here and it has totally changed my perspective. Losing the guilt and the negativity that were my personal JW legacies has made me a new girl - a much happier one. I am sure that given time and patience you will be too - (er not a girl, a happier person!) LOL!

Look forward to hearing lots more from you. Ask anything you like and this is an excellent forum for telling people things that have bothered you for years and in the telling you are bound to shed loads of unwanted baggage that will help you become a free-er person.

You can read my bio to see where I am coming from - but I left for the last time 8 years ago and its only been in the last few weeks I ever considerd that it wasn't the truth and once i investigated that and realised it was a long long way from the truth I felt an amazing sense of relief.

there are some great people on here - and a few from your own country to!

crumpet x

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Welcome to the board.

Slainte bha!

• under74
    under74

Welcome WA boy. I wasn't really able to speak about being raised a JW with anyone outside my family until I found this site as well. I hope you find some peace in knowing that a lot of us are in the same place you are.

I hope to see more posts from you soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit