Jws or adventists?

by melmac 25 Replies latest jw friends

• melmac
    melmac

Expanding on the topic about JWs x mormons...

Which one would you choose? Adventists or JWs?

• heathen
    heathen

I'd sooner start my own religion .

• shera
    shera

LOL,they are not much different.

I'm with heathen,I'll start the cult of Shera! Care to join me my sheep?

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I'd rather be a devil worshiper. Oops--I probably already am since I love to be worldly!

• Dustin
    Dustin

I have come to believe that God is dead or just has moved on to a new project leaving us to destroy ourselves. I agree, that the Devil now holds the power.

• Mulan
    Mulan

How about both?

My husband was an Adventist before he became a JW. Same thing, different package.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Neither.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Neither for me too. Look at the R Franz book - in search of christian freedom. It compares a catholic a JW and an adventist & how each are dealt with for apostasy. That tells you the difference very clearly!

I was a baptised adventist for many years. There really is no contest, JWs are 100 times worse.

They just don't claim to have a faithful & discreet slave equivalent & therefor not the same damaging authority structure.

• undercover
    undercover

JW roots can be traced back to the Millerite movement of the 1800s which led directly to the Second Day Adventist movement. So, JWs and Adventists along with Christadelphians and the Worldwide Church of God(both of which are offshoots of the Millerites as well) are all cousins.

So it's like asking if you want to be cooked in a pot or a kettle.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    Same thing, different package.

Don't you think that's a little personal....?

So is it Jw or adventist?

u/d (of the average size package class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit