Jws or adventists?

by melmac 25 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

I just cant get the site to come up from that link does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

• barry
    barry

The link is working now spelling is not my best subject

• heathen
    heathen

Since you didn't mention a sunday kegger and cook out I'm not interested . Well at least you didn't mention a spiritual banquet .....

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Barry

I have not been a SDA since the 1970s but still have much love and affection for those I knew then. Thanks for the updated view. I'm trying to persuade my friend to visit a couple of churces with me, just to compare, before he gets baptised a JW.

Perhaps a SDA one would be a good idea. I might even recognise some old faces.

I'm surprised that many can't recognise the MASSIVE difference from Watchtower (I won't comment on origins and doctrine) in terms of how they treat people both inside and outside the congregation.

SDAs have a doctrine of Christian love, whereas JWs have an unChristian doctrine of hate. I have personal experience of both.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Thanks Barry & Blondie for the links - interesting.

• barry
    barry

Gday again Jaffa,

The best way to help youre friend is to offer youre friend the gospel.

The gospel is not advice. Not Here,s how to raise yourself to heaven by pulling on youre bootstraps.

It is good news. News is about something that has happened, it is about someone else. The good news of the gospel is that God the Son took our nature to pay the dept we owe to righteousness, to remove the barrier between earth and heaven.

The good news is that all that is necessary for salvation has already been accomplished and it only remains for us to accept it . This is the meaning from calvary . 'It is finished'. Christ was treated as we deserve that we might be treated as he deserves.

I know Jaffa you have a good understanding of the gospel and let that guide you reguardless of denominational affiliation.

God Bless

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit