"Never was concerned about his destination, only about the trip."

by Schizm 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Wait a minute, isn't jesus a mediator for the 144k only?

I have my doubts about the WTS being correct on that call.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Schizm,

You like to argue big and that's ok. Where I disagree with is that you generally attack others beliefs and positions. It is more about you proving your point than having a valid discussion or even "heated debate". I don't see you posting "I belive God wanted us to do such and such because of scripture x". Instead I see, "This is WRONG because the bible says it's WRONG and you are stupid for not believing it". You think your are right. Good. You should be doing what you think is right. But others on here are also doing what THEY think is right. I don't see you being very understanding in that regard.

What will come to pass in the future as written in Revelation is UNKNOWN. Your positions are YOUR UNDERSTANDING of the book. Many, many biblical scholars would disagree with you. As they disagree with each other I might add.

I will be the first to apologize for when I get heated up sometimes, to use and unkind word here and there. To err is human, to forgive divine.

But I am of the belief reading alot of your other posts you seem to be "sitting in judgement" of others on everything. As if God appointed you to oversee this board and make some of these arguments. I haven't seen a post where you ever give ground. You draw a line in the sand and defend it to the death, whether your arguement is proven false, silly, or outmoded.

So my question is this.... do you really take time to LISTEN to what people are posting here and let them challenge your thinking? Or do you use this board as an opportunity to sharpen your weapon of debate?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

These are the types of statements that help me believe you are trying to be sincere :)

• Satanus
    Satanus
    Wait a minute, isn't jesus a mediator for the 144k only?

Ok, if the wt is wrong about that, the very foundation stone of christianity, doesn't that pretty well shatter its claim of being christian? It basically has put itself, the wt org, as a mediator to and from god. It has basically displaced jesus, putting itself in his place. Now, consider what the prophet daniel had to say about that kind of thing.

S

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

According to WTS theology, as long as you die before the big A hits, your physical body wastes away, and you simply become a memory for God to inject into another human being (an exact replica?) at a later time. Given this, why would any JW even be worried about what a dead person's religious beliefs were? Why would it matter, given what the Watchtower teaches about the resurrection?

"Hi my name is Dantheman, I just wanted to share with you an important message from God's word the Bible....basically it's this - you need to become a JW or God is going to kill you at Armageddon. But, if you're lucky and you die before God starts killing everybody, which should be happening real soon now, you'll be resurrected in Paradise along with everybody else who died before Armageddon and will join the JW's who survived. But I'm warning you, all the evidence points to the fact that Armageddon is coming any time now, so you'd be taking a serious risk to bet on dying before it breaks out. Would you be interested in a home Bible Study so you can learn clear, wonderful truths such as this?"

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Well Dan that certainly is "cutting to the chase"...

But do you have "Conversation Stoppers" that you can help us with regarding that tactic?

LOL

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Hey Dan,

"Hi my name is Dantheman, I just wanted to share with you an important message from God's word the Bible....basically it's this - you need to become a JW or God is going to kill you at Armageddon. But, if you're lucky and you die before God starts killing everybody, which should be happening real soon now, you'll be resurrected in Paradise along with everybody else who died before Armageddon and will join the JW's who survived. But I'm warning you, all the evidence points to the fact that Armageddon is coming any time now, so you'd be taking a serious risk to bet on dying before it breaks out. Would you be interested in a home Bible Study so you can learn clear, wonderful truths such as this?"

That is hilarious and right on! Just the mentality of it all. How wacked! Nothing like putting it all in a nutshell.

Thanks,

purps

• Satanus
    Satanus

I just got through on the phone to a local church of christ. He guy (pastor, i suppose) said that they do believe that the earth will be destroyed, based on 2 pet 3:10. Brother schizzy will be happy to hear that.

S

• love11
    love11

You know, I wonder sometimes about the thousands of people that were on the earth before the bible was written.

I wonder what they thought god was like. I wonder what they thought about when they saw life and death.

You need to keep in mind that the bible has been plagiarized from several storytellers. There are cities of people that were living on this earth before the whole Adam and Eve story even existed. If "the bible" is your only resource of information, then it doesn't really hold water. I too can go in a cave and write on homemade paper and say that god talked to me, but then again everone would think I lost my mind. Why do people believe it when middle eastern men say it?

sch- Maybe in the future when you have a question, you could rephrase what you want to say. With anger spewing out of your posts, it's hard to answer your "comments" in a productive way. Take the high road by using better communication skills.

• Satanus
    Satanus

love

You know, I wonder sometimes about the thousands of people that were on the earth before the bible was written.

I wonder what they thought god was like. I wonder what they thought about when they saw life and death.

The primal religion, if you wanna call it a religion, is shamanism. However, it doesn't get into the god issue. It's more concerned w finding solutions to problems that defy regular solutions. And so, the shaman journeys into other dimensions for answers.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit