"Never was concerned about his destination, only about the trip."

by Schizm 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Schizm
    Schizm

Now here's a unique way of expressing a person's idea of going to heaven:

Obituary says: "Mr. Matlock was never concerned about his destination, only about the trip. Jim's concerns were put to rest as he passed very peacefully at home surrounded by his family."

Yeah, right, I'm sure that Adam's sin caused God to re-arrange his plan about where man should live. Yep, "Mr. Matlock" is heaven bound. And, yep, the earth is to eventually become a useless piece of junk--in need of being destroyed. Yep, destroyed, even as must all the other planets and solar systems throughout the vast universe. And, yep, the reason why such has got to be the case, is because Christendom says so. But of course I personally don't believe a word of it! http://www.amarillo.com/stories/042105/obi_jmatlock.shtml .

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Are you sure you're reading that right? To me, it sounds like he was not concerned about heaven (or whatever destination), only about enjoying the life he had (the trip). It sounds pretty healthy to me.

• avishai
    avishai

That's nice. And exactly the same tripe we would've all spouted as dubs. So why do you have to spout it here? It's not like we have bad memories. We're just no longer dubs.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Mr. Matlock was a member of the Church Of Christ, apparently. Being such, he did believe he was destined for heaven.

• doogie
    doogie

avishai:

It's not like we have bad memories. We're just no longer dubs.

haha. yeah, but we haven't received our daily dose of indoctrination for awhile.

schizm:

But of course I personally don't believe a word of it!
    well that's a load off my mind!
  • bebu
    bebu
    And, yep, the earth is to eventually become a useless piece of junk--in need of being destroyed.

Is this the thing that irritates you the most? Why?

Why does the possible destruction of the world bother you, but not the destruction of 6 billion people? Didn't God rebuke Jonah for that kind of attitude?

If God remakes people into something better, it looks to be His plan to do the same for the "groaning" world as well. "He makes all things new." The world, we read, will wear out like a garment. That is His word, not ours. If that is what will happen, it will be a good thing.

God does not hate this world. Lose the heart of stone.

bebu

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> Yep, destroyed, even as must all the other planets

Currently scientists feel that's true. The whole sun-expanding-in-billions-of-years thing. Prolly get toasty. Better get some good tanning lotion.

Dave

• Farkel
    Farkel

: "Never was concerned about his destination, only about the trip."

So also said the idiot who jumped off the cliff without a parachute!

Farkel

• Mary
    Mary
    I'm sure that Adam's sin caused God to re-arrange his plan about where man should live.

And do you use that same sort of logic while trying to explain where the 144,000 are supposed to go when they die, or is it just "worldly" people that you like to apply this logic to?

Yep, "Mr. Matlock" is heaven bound.

Ya, just like Freddie Franz, Milton Henchel and Charles Russell were all "heaven bound"......oh sorry, I forgot. Mr. Matlock didn't believe that the pyramids had something to do with the End Time, or that organ transplants were the same as cannibalism, or that the generation of 1914 would still be alive when Armageddon came..........therefore, because he didn't believe these things, and because he wasn't baptized before 1935, I guess he misses out on heaven.

And, yep, the earth is to eventually become a useless piece of junk--in need of being destroyed. Yep, destroyed, even as must all the other planets and solar systems throughout the vast universe. And, yep, the reason why such has got to be the case, is because Christendom says so.

So I guess the reason why this can't POSSIBLY be the case, is because the WTS says so.......

But of course I personally don't believe a word of it!

Surprise, surprise.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I'm sure that Adam's sin caused God to re-arrange his plan about where man should live.--Schizm.

And do you use that same sort of logic while trying to explain where the 144,000 are supposed to go when they die, or is it just "worldly" people that you like to apply this logic to?--ContraryMary.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO use the same sort of logic. True, it leaves me disagreeing with the WTS, but I don't see the 144,000 remaining in heaven as spirit creatures after the 1000 years is up. Revelation 21 shows the 144,000 returning to earth at the end of the 1000 years. Just as Jesus served his purpose in coming to earth and then going back to his original abode, the 144,000 will have served their purpose in going to heaven and then coming back to their original abode. Other than temporarily, men weren't created to live anywhere other than on a physical plane, even as angels weren't created to live anywhere other than on a spiritual plane. Angels who actually attempted to change their proper dwelling place (in Noah's day) were punished for having done a wrong thing.

Bottom line: Absolutely no human will go to heaven and stay there.

The WTS needs to come to grips with this fact!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit