GIVE AN EXAMPLE of the best writing you've ever read

by Terry 68 Replies latest social entertainment

• jgnat
  • gumby
    gumby

"And this good news of the kingdom will be preached as a witness to all the inhabited earth, and then the end will come" Matt.24:14

*giggles*

Gumby

• myelaine
    myelaine

I've always thought Charles Bukowski's work is really real, and I like that.

and of course the Bible, I especially like ...........To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give to him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it. ( I want that stone! )

michelle

• bisous
    bisous

Hope is a thing with feathers

that perches in the soul

and sings the tune

without the words

and never stops at all.

-Emily Dickinson

not the only best, but one of my favorites ... lyrical and soft.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"

Dismembered

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable... There is another theory which states that this has already happened." - Douglas Adams

• Preston
    Preston

Cool Story Jeannie

My favorite Asimov, the full version is pretty cool

- Preston

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Before Night Falls by Reinaldo Arenas.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Alyosha's speech at the stone at the very end of Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamazov is one of the most powerful things I've ever read.

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Nothing profound but I've always had a wish that I could have thanked George MacDonald Fraser in person for his Flashman Papers series and for the McAuslan chronicles. This man's sense of humour and history helped keep me sane in an increasingly autistic world.

It just goes to prove that good things can come from Scotland after all!

W.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit