Would you contribute to expose the Watchtower?

by nicolaou 30 Replies latest forum suggestions

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Jost tossing an idea about. Would anyone be willing to make regular contributions to an 'Exposure Fund'?

It wouldn't be a 'fighting fund', we couldn't hope to compete against Watchtower finances or its legal department in that way. What I'm suggesting is a fund whereby we can afford to place articles in the printed media. It's always nice when reporters like Stephen Bates of the Guardian (UK) can have an article published which exposes the Watchtower Society - in that case their hypocritical U.N. affiliation - but if we had the funds to place advertisements in national newspapers at strategic times we would be able to move quickly and target the Society accurately.

As issues of abuse or blood arise we could target the appropriate local media. Let's face it, we have lots of talented writers.

So what do you think? I suggest a monthly contribution of $3, it's not much but if enough contribute we could save enough for our first article within months, maybe sooner.

I'd be more than willing to set this up and host it - transparently - if there is sufficient demand.

• sf
    sf
    Would anyone be willing to make regular contributions to an 'Exposure Fund'?

Yes, I would.

sKally

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

See this ticket? If my numbers come up on Saturday it's all going into the "I hate what the Watchtower Cult have done to me and my family and I'm going to expose them for the hypocritical bunch of lying, deceitful, manipulative, life stealing, abuse tolerating whores that they are" fund.

Cross your fingers....

• Honesty
    Honesty

Yes.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yes I would....but my criteria for contributing to anything is some type of credible information publicly available regarding use of funds.

• defd
    defd

my sugesstion would be NO! You shouldnt do it. The reason is biblical. If you know the Bible you would remember an account were Some of the religous leaders wanted to do away with Jesus and his apostles. However one reasoned with the rest and basically said Look if these men are doing things of there own initiative it will fail it always have in the past, remember the others who tried things like this and how it came to nothing? But if it is from God you may actually find yourselves fighters AGAINST God. Just leave them alone for your own good!

That is my advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

defd

I respect your point of view - but I don't agree with it. I believe the Biblical account you're reffering to is that of Gamaliel at Acts 5:34-40

The thing is, I just cannot equate the harsh, unloving, intolerant and hurtful actions of the Watchtower Society to those of Jesus and his apostles. If I still had faith I would be pursuing my efforts against the Watchtower anyway as I'd likely view them as misleading and cunning serpents, as it is I have no faith in God any longer and so I certainly don't consider myself to be a fighter against Him! He isn't there.

respectfully,

Nic'

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

Most definately!

I would like to see a fund to pay for a couple billboards around the country...on a few major routes. I would give $500 if we could get another 99 to do the same for a full page ad in a major paper....New York Times.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

defd, by your logic, organizations that claim to be from God should never be exposed. In that case, the Watchtower has some explaining to do, since they have constantly been critical of every other religion.

Nicolau, absolutely, provided that it was in fact transparent. We would also need to come up with a democratic way of deciding on how to use the money - perhaps votes that are related to the total amount contributed?

SNG

• Terry
    Terry

The ideal way to participate would be to:

1.Outline the plan

2.List the steps in which it would be implemented.

3.Figure the expenses (an estimate would suffice).

4.Present the costs for discussion.

5.Obtain approval

6.Launch the campaign.

The automatic deduction accounts are the easiest whereby a certain amount goes out of your checking account each month: automatic transfer. This is how many people support, for example, Public Radio.

To do nothing definite but sit around and moan is not a plan. This idea has some teeth in it.

I'd contribute with all my fangs and claws.

Count me in.

Terry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit