Would you contribute to expose the Watchtower?

by nicolaou 30 Replies latest forum suggestions

• greendawn
    greendawn

The anti WTS effort should be organised along many lines and this public media campaign that Nic proposes is useful just as providing a forum or doing detailed historical research are useful for other reasons.

Each has its own function and objectives and assists in undermining that exploitative, hypocritical and satanic organisation that most people here would like to see collapsing into rubble.

• z
    z

4 sure will

• Quotes
    Quotes

I don't know. I just think it will be "throwing good money after bad".

After all, isn't there already plenty of information out there, both for JWs and to "innoculate" the public?

What would a billboard or NYT ad page accomplish? I think it would it cause Dubs to have their "persecution complex" and "apostates are organized to stop us 'cause Satan hates us" fears validated?

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, and correct me if I am. I just don't see the point of this type of campaign.

~Quotes, of the "you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar" class

P.S. I like the idea of helping out Ray Franz.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

larc

You make a good point and I'm sorry if I caused you any offence. The efforts of Ray Franz, Simon, Alan, Kent and many, many others are well documented and have produced fantastic results. If it weren't for Ray Franz' books I might still be trapped in the cult - the same is true of this forum. I am grateful and appreciative of all of those who have fought this campaign.

That being said, it is a little unkind to make the assumption that merely proposing the establishment of a new fund would mean that Ray and Simon would go unsupported. It is not an either/or situation.

You do not know where I spend my money (frankly it is no-one's business but my own) and if I choose to spend some on a media campaign and encourage others to do the same you should not infer that I would be drawing funding away from anywhere/anyone else. All are free to do with their money as they see fit.

Quotes

There certainly is "plenty of information out there" for JW's - your site is prime among them and I thank you for all the time and effort you put into it, especially recently in the face of Watchtower Legal!!. But the public? I think they should continually be exposed to true stories of shunning, family separation, and transfusion related heartaches as a warning against even thinking of joining the Watchtower Society.

I agree with you on the billboard thing though - ineffective. Well written quarter-page testimonials in the printed media is more what I had in mind.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

anasazi,

I would contribute to the attack and eliminate apostates fund.

LOL...That doesn't even make sense. How do you attack and eliminate people who don't agree with the Witnesses? Kill them? I guess that's what the Society is hoping for. Meanwhile, those of us who live in reality will continue to assist both Witnesses and non-Witnesses to understand the true nature of the org. nic,

Well written quarter-page testimonials in the printed media is more what I had in mind.

Well, you could definitely count me in on that. I think such would be virtually impossible not to read for Witnesses given their "protect the cult" mentality, and they would be helpful for anyone who currently is having any contact with Witnesses. SNG

• donkey
    donkey

Nope...unless:

It was shown how the money was to be used AND what effect the usage would have. I would not simply contribute because we could print articles. Let's say we print articles in the media....how do we know its worth it? What are the expected results and how do we measure success? The same should be true of any other idea.

I hope I don't sound like a scrooge - it's just if I spend money I want results. If the watchtower remains unscathed or unchanged then there are no results....just noise.

Donkey

• Bas
    Bas

I'd propose to help reinforce the existing "anti" watchtower initiatives, like Kent Steinhaug's Watchtower.Observer but also this forum of course. It's probably better to spend a little money on quality information on the internet than spending alot on a superficial mediacampaign that probably backfires by having loyal witnesses see their prejudice worldviews confirmed. Well, that's what I think.

We'd be trying to reach the witnesses i presume, and as witnesses only form a very small percentage of the general public, I think it would be a waste of resources to use public media. Maybe there's a medium or paper that witnesses like to read/use and is considered "trusted" by the WTS, I'm not aware of such a medium, but if it does exist it might be worth to place an add in it.

Bas

• Velvetflower
    Velvetflower

I am new here..found this while doing a search for a contractor..:)

Anyhow...I am surely saddened to see so many ex JW's just not getting on with life.

Focusing on trying to move a mountain is silly..and I say live your life..live and let live.

The people who are hurting others will get their just desserts. But I feel sad that there are so many bitter people on these sites.

Why would you want to spend your life focusing on negative things you cannot really change?

I left about 17 years ago, and religion is tough for me..I am a very spiritual person but dont need doctrines to make my life happy or have a God in my life. I think for those of us who have left it is hard enough to mess into normal life..as we sure werent normal or mainstream :LOL

Anyhow..just my two cents..and glad I am not like alot of people out there caught up in past..move on I say enjoy life, we only have one to live..we are not going to be ' in paradise' you know!

Velveltflower..

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Welcome, Velvetflower. Maybe if you start a thread and post YOUR story, others may learn from it, and be able to move on.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Welcome VelvetFlower,

I am so glad you have been able to move on. For some of us we are just getting out. Not everyone woke up when you did. Please share your journey to help others.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit