Living with Soundness of Mind in an Electronic Age - KM Part this week

by ezekiel3 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    They notified me they are glad I am gone in person, by mail, by email, and messages on my answering machine.

Let this serve as your official notification that I'M GLAD YOU'RE GONE FROM THE WATCHTOWER TOO!

• garybuss
    garybuss

lol @ AA

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi greendawn

Two Jehovah's Witness security cops at a district convention did not like it when I dropped a nickel in a working, stocked candy vending machine to get my three year old son a roll of rainbow lifesavers. The machine had butcher paper covering it held on with 1/2" scotch tape with a hand lettered "OUT OF ORDER" message on it.

I lost all the way around. The son grew up and joined the Witness group and shunned me.

Jehovah's Witnesses is a classy organization.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

One more thing.........as far as making people close sites down that are study aids......using scriptures and such........It was the best help for me to study for WT and book study..........some brothers worked very hard to gather information and post it.

They were loyal and as was asked-----closed down thier sites.

Some people need a little more than reading a paragraph and having it repeated to them at a WT study. Sorry for going on, but I saw what the changes did to witnesses online over the last 5+ years, and how hurtful the counsel was from the org.

Now I see it was a way to coverup what they did not want us to be finding online.......but in closing everything down........many are going to find it, when otherwise would not have been looking any farther.

Not sure if I make sense when I am mad.

purps

• Honesty
    Honesty
    If you forward information that turns out to be inaccurate, you bear a measure of responsibility for the sorrow or confusion this can cause.

This is for the WTS monitors who lurk on this site:

What do you think the GB does when it authorises the disinformation about God it publishes and distributes?

The internet is going to be the downfall of your evil publishing empire unless you make it a disfellowshipping offense to own a computer. Bye now.

• observador
    observador

"I lost all the way around. The son grew up and joined the Witness group and shunned me."

This is so revolting. I really feel for you.

(((Gary)))

Observador.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

These KM's are nothing more than "electronic" dog collars. They're meant to shock anyone who trries to leave the boundaries that are set up by the "owners"

Purplesofa brought out a lot of valid points in her posts. Many faithful "friends" have been trashed because they had web sites meant to be of encouragement.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

It seems so crazy to hear them talk about not going on the internet. Why not just tell them not to drive cars, not watch TV, not use cell phones??

Sorry GB guys. The internet is a fact of life. Wake up! Welcome to the 21st century that was never supposed to get here!

• ivy
    ivy

Wow, I have been out for so long, and really not reading or keeping up with anything that they were doing lately. I had no idea. I guess I could have guessed, if I had thought about it. If I had stuck in there, would I actually have bought that? Because it sounded like the worst kind of control propaganda I have read in...well... I think it's been about 12 years.
    I had to take a break when I got to the part about the copyright thing, and just go and vent to my husband. (only he's an author and web designer, so he didn't really get it) What are they going to do? Take one of their own most zealous dubs to court for spreading their own literature around?

Thank you, thank you, thank you ezekiel3 for taking the time to post this.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"The only way that this can apply to us is if we make it a practice personally to look up scriptures in our own Bibles."

But if we post those scriptures on a message board or make comments via a microphone that is NOT controlled by our local body of elders (and, by extension, the Borg), then we are endangering our salvation and may stuble our brothers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit