Living with Soundness of Mind in an Electronic Age - KM Part this week

by ezekiel3 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    Thank you, thank you, thank you ezekiel3 for taking the time to post this.

You aint' seen nothing yet. How about the entire Organization Book (OD) in pdf format? Coming soon...

GB: Like sand through your feeble fingers, you control freaks.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Question:

Who knows when the terms INTERNET and then WORLD WIDE WEB were first used in the WT publications?

-Eduardo

PS: Buster; copyright laws are not just about money they are also about the author/holder controlling the integrity of the work. If one just simply allows others (who may have an agenda not to faithfully reproduce the work) then it can be very misleading to public and you may get a situation where they think it is a faithful reproduction and it isn't and it includes some content that is not what was in the original and in fact perhaps damaging or contrary to the creator's intention.

(I know some of you are saying too bad God didn't copyright John 1:1 right?)

AS an aside, I found it a little sketchy that the Society WTS sadi "some have posted our works in whole" and then says don't post our works because it is copyright infringement. While an unauthorized reproduction of a work in whole is copyright infringement, the Society left it unstated that the Fair Use doctrine permits some reasonable amount of use of copyrighted works.

• sf
    sf

Purplesofa,

Now I see it was a way to coverup what they did not want us to be finding online.......but in closing everything down........many are going to find it, when otherwise would not have been looking any farther.

That is exactly what and why I did and continue to do what I do on the internet. Linking info up to the inquirer and the lurker. As do many others. As a friend here named hawkaw says "we must inoculate the masses", or something like that.

It is still a treat to see you here after all those years seeking and learning the truth.

Sincerely, sKally

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    It is still a treat to see you here after all those years seeking and learning the truth

Thanks!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well I willl et you know how the meeting and this item goes but we are under a tornado warning at the moment and Kansa City International Airport has just been evacuated and the planes grounded

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well, it was articles like this that first got me going down to the public library to find out how this internet thingy worked . After a practice session with the librarian , I knew how to use a search engine and, Wow! . The rest is history .

Let's hope a good few other waverers are inspired to do the same. As somebody here said, "Like sand through their fingers, they can't hold back the tide"

• Gill
    Gill

Morning All!

From my own experience only, I only researched Jehovah's Witnesses on the internet after being a 'faithful JW' for nearly all my life, after being told to NEVER research JWs on the net.

Goes to show how easily prohibition can backfire!

The moment I started reading my liberation began.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

At the meeting last night (yeah I'm still going...long story) the elder handling the part said,

"...in preparing this part I went to google.com and typed jehovah's witnesses in quotes and over a million apostate websites were found..."

The audience let out a loud gasp. Besides being a bit irritated by the exaggeration and drama, I was glad to hear him describe how to find the WTS' dirt. He went on to describe how some sites use quotes from the WT to damage/misrepresent the brothers...some sites post letters from Society and recordings of Kingdom Ministry schools.

Many of the points he mentioned were not in the referenced KMs, which leads me to wonder does this elder lurk this & similar boards? I never would have imagined.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Our meeting was pretty boring. The brother with the part stuck right to the cited information. I think he might have been sleeping at some points during the part.

The only interesting statement came from a sister (pioneer mind you): "I've heard there is a website that has all the society's old literature on it so apostates can study up on us" - insert appropriate audience gasp here.

She must have been referring to the quotes website. I wanted to raise my hand and ask what is wrong with someone studying up on witnesses using old literature. Are we ashamed? Isn't our purpose get people to study using our literature? All literature eventually gets old!

Oh well, my guess is she knows more than she is saying.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I really hate it when some dufus gets up there on stage at a meeting or convention making some insignificant statement and JWs gasping and aweing like what was said was so profound and earth shattering.

What ever happened to them believing that there was nothing new under the sun, the expectation to be persecuted for "righteousness sake" and all their other self glorifying blather?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit