Did you learn anything from the bible?

by JH 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

It's a history book, nothing more. For those who believe otherwise, it's a leap of faith that it is inspired of God. No disrespect intended, each is entitled to their own views.How truthful a history book, that's still being debated.

Blueblades

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Did you learn anything from the bible?

Joe Hoba's Witnesses are being deceived by the Governing Body of JW's.

• JAVA
    JAVA

I don't believe it's God's Word, but if it is, His Word isn't worth too much. It was written by a bunch of guy's that had a nation to run and rule, or others with a new religion in the making. The Bible, like other holy books, offers a little history and whole lot of myth. The Bible is an okay read if you don't take it religiously.

• love11
    love11

Yes.

When I was a kid, I thought it was teaching me stories about having good morals and obeying what god wanted me to do.

As an educated adult, I learned that it teaches violence/abuse, intolerance, war, slavery, hate, and demeans women to nothing more than property status.

With that said, I pick and choose how I live my life and what stories I choose to honor.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I learned that there was a real worldwide flood (supposedly of course) and that just because all cultures have myths or stories of floods. Guess floods maybe more common than supposed. I also learned that there was a day when the earth stood still (Oh that was Michael Remy??_) supposedly during the time of Joshua the Sun stood still, and of course there are myths and stories in every culture about that too huh,,,,,,welllllllllllllll maybe not. So to use their own means of proof for the flood the day of the sun standing still is b.....s......l of course. Hell Joshua even wrothe the book of Joshua years after he died, Just like Moses wrote parts of Genesis years after he croaked. So much time so much b.s. Buff

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Hi Marshal,

Life created before it was on earth - bible hints:

1 THUS the heavens and the earth were finished, *****and all the host of them.******
    2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
    3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
    4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
    5 And every plant of the field *****before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew****: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

(Old Testament | Jeremiah 1:4 - 5)

4 Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
    5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

(Old Testament | Job 38:4 - 7)

4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
    5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
    6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
    7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the ******sons of God shouted for joy?********

(New Testament | John 3:13)
    13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit