Did you learn anything from the bible?

by JH 25 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Did reading the bible change anything in your life?

• doogie
    doogie

they say that going to college teaches you how to think. how to reason on things. (i wouldn't know) for me, reading the bible, at least after i read and studied it more objectively after leaving the JWs, helped me to learn how to think things through. just how important it is to weigh everything you read/hear/learn before accepting it completely.

so, i guess i learned how to research things before i believe them.

• Dustin
    Dustin

Yeah, when I actually started reading the Bible for myself instead of how the JW's wanted me to read it. I then realized it was uninspired and worthless. So I threw it in the garbage can and haven't looked back.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

No!

I don't think I really ever learned anything but Bible basics. It has not gotten me anywhere today!

"Never take a Laxative and a Sleeping pill at the same time" that's something better to learn and you appreciate knowing!

Brooke

• JH
    JH

I liked reading about Jesus, and how he was so good, forgiving, and had true love, showing us a narrow road to follow in order to live longer and happier.

• Dustin
    Dustin

JH, I agree that the Gospel did have some value to it. However, the indiscrepncies in the Bible make me feel that it was uninspired. The society just used many scriptures to hold people down and control them through fear. I just don't need that kind of book.

Brooke- Nice!! I'm sure that was a great experience for you.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Dustin...you had to be there! kidding!

Brooke

• Satanus
    Satanus
    showing us a narrow road to follow in order to live longer and happier.

It didn't seem to have worked for him, though. Strange.

S

• JH
    JH

Then I guess Jesus is a liar.....or maybe he didn't exist....

Right?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Who knows? Outside of the bible, he was unknown by contemporary historians. Heck, the gospels weren't written until many decades of time had passed.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit