Were You a Little Prude JW?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    Believe me, not all JW's were prudes!
    There's something about being a goody, goody elders daughter that really brings out the Devil in some girls!

lol nic.

You must have been in my cong.

Yeah I was one of those, c'ept i didn't pretend to be good.

Was by no means prude at all, much to the frustration of my parents, especially my mother.

Now at least I don't feel guilty for being normal.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Oh yeah! Big time.
    But, I've more than made up for any 'lost time.'

Country

• inquirer
    inquirer

minimus,

I am a bit of a "prude" when it comes to language... I don't swear anymore. Didn't when I was a JW, started swearing when I was out of it but now I don't want to, you know? Swearing ruins songs! :)

• jwbot
    jwbot

Me? Hells-no...I was always getting BUSTED by the prudes though ;)

My oldest sister I think sucked all the prude-genes into her own body at birth. Even as a young girl she was unbearably proper. Dressed up victorian (I kid you not) and made her own modest clothes from age 12 on...because store clothes were just so worldly! OY! My poor parents...

• inquirer
    inquirer

As a JW I was moderately prude. I was more friendly that other JW's. I could be prude, but also realized Jehovah wants us to take it easy sometimes too. My mum always told me (even though she was a JW) was to use discernment, because they are only humans! She use to tell me that a JW admitted the GB had incorrect statements in the WT and that you have to be an individual because JW's didn't necessarily pay attention to the Watchtower...

• Frog
    Frog

I was prudish in thought but not in deed...that's for sure;-)

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I guess you can say I was a prude but I was no more judgemental than the rest of the cong I went to; I always had the feeling I was being judged for some reason; I had a very sensitive conscious.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

As a jw, I was actually considered a bit on the wild side. I pierced my nose, got a tattoo, worked in a cocktail lounge. I figured that, in the great scheme of things, I wasn't such a bad person- I went out in service plenty, I attended and participated in all the meetings, I faithfully dropped money in the box for the worldwide work...why should Jehovah care about a little youthful silliness on my part? Heck, Jesus hung out with people from all walks of life, and his first miracle was turning water to wine- he sure as hell wasn't a prude!

Now, as a worldly chick, I'm thought of as the prude amongst my friends. Every time I go to a party, I get elected to be the designated driver, because they all just assume that I'm not interested in drinking. People tend to watch their language around me (which is funny, as I cuss like a pirate myself!) I'm not sure how to shake this image, nor even if it's a good image to shake.

• minimus
    minimus

Now that we're in the "world", I'll bet we're considered wilder than "worldly ones".

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    Now that we're in the "world", I'll bet we're considered wilder than "worldly ones".

Of course, we've got all thise years of repressed wildness to make up for. Remember the spring !!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit