I hate living with effing psycho parents

by tsunami_rid3r 41 Replies latest jw friends

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    i got a haircut and i look like a jw dork. im going to say 2+2=5 now.

Good decision IMHO. You need to do what you need to do to be respectful of your parents in their household until you are in the position where you can be self sufficient. In the meantime, get a job (if you don't already have one) and work on getting into college with grants and student loans. You sound like a smart young man and you can do whatever you put your mind to. Show your parents that you can be successful on your own.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Tsunami-rider/Crizlee, remember when you were making the decision whether independence or financial security were more important to you?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/83527/1.ashx

You picked financial security. Your parents in turn agreed to go soft on the whole JW thing. What happened? Did they get scared? Children argue with their parents about what is "fair" or "not fair" because their parents are in charge of their daily existence. Adults don't bother arguing with their parents, they just "do", because they finally clue in that there is very little their parents can do about it.

If your haircut is now more important than financial security, sure, make a stand.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

I work at my dads restaurant, im going to quit july. im going to get a job where i go to college at. ive applied for a crap load of scholaeships, not a word back from one yet. im top 10% of my class. ive talked to my counselor. ive considered joining the navy, or moving in with this girl. i wrote down all pros cons of all sides.

look on the brightside ill be going to prom with a beautiful girl this saturday. i got lots of worldly friends out there. im going to college and living in the dorms. only 1 elder knows ill be living in the dorms, he's probably the only one that will support my side. he's a CEO. so you know...

from what everyone has said. ive thought about moving in with my step grand mother for the summer. we never really were close though because my parents were johvahs witnesses.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

i didnt get accepted for the navy scholarship. that turned me down from even wanting to join the navy now. things change. i suck at physics, so im majoring in architecture. my parents wont even let me join the corps. and i still have to go to meetings back home. from the dorms and back.

my mom having a stroke and dieing would solve a lot of things right now.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:my mom having a stroke and dieing would solve a lot of things right now.

Thats a pretty brutal thing to say man.

GBL

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    my mom having a stroke and dieing would solve a lot of things right now

I can hear that you are having a tough time right now. Try to consider where your mom is coming from though. The things she wants from you may not seem right but she is probably coming from love is she not. It's hard for parents of any religion to allow their children to be who they choose and to just let go. Your mom is no different. She loves you and she thinks she knows best. If you can get through this phase and show her that you are taking control of your own life while still loving and respecting her as your mom you will do all the better IMHO.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

well just now she wouldnt let the dog run around b/c he has a digging problem, and so i told theres a group that protects animals too. and she assumes im trying to send her to jail. that would be nice too.

• Jez
    Jez
    :my mom having a stroke and dieing would solve a lot of things right now.

I warned people that he has this death obsession with his mother. Please be careful what advice you offer him as I don't think he is very stable. GO TELL YOUR SCHOOL COUNSELLER that you are wishing your mother dead. Please.

Jez

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser
    didnt get accepted for the navy scholarship.

What kind of Navy scholorship did you apply for? If it was the acadamy there is no way you would have made it in. You have to have connections to get in there. At your point in your life I would seriously consider inlisting in the Navy or the Airforce. If you go Army or Marines it is almost a sure bet you will be pounding ground in Iraq. In the Navy you can do 4 years and get the GI bill that is good (I think you could do it on a 3 year enlistment also) for about $40K. As long as you pick a job (choose a rate) you can get more schooling when you get out of boot camp. All of the schools you goto in the navy are good for some credits. Plus you will be getting a paycheck and out of your parents house. If you have a job where you have extra time you can get 100% tuition up to 12 credits a year.

I hear the Airforce has good educational benifits also but I don't know much about the AF programs. Something to think about.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Well, I'm sure it's just your frustration showing thru with comments like that about dear old mother.

Stay focused ONLY on what really matters. What matters is getting off to college and starting your life. Keep persevering in getting money together for college. Make sure to apply for every grant & aid possible and plan on needing to support your own way...so save as much as you can, work as much as you can, and be smart. You can taste your freedom and it's JUSSSSST outside your grasp. But you are almost there....hang tough bro. Stay in the dorms do not move in with some girl...you will only be creating drama for yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit