I hate living with effing psycho parents

by tsunami_rid3r 41 Replies latest jw friends

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

I have a mom who would rather me not go to college, keep me locked up in the house, and just serve Jehovah. I have a weak dad, instead of her being subjected to him, he's subjected to her. He's on my side on most of the part but he's just weak on setting her straight. So in other words she controls everything.

Right now my mom just tried to beat me up with a broom because I wouldn't get a haircut her way. I'm trying hard to grow out my hair. And I just came back from getting the back bottom part trimmed. She threatened to kick me out of the house and I would've left too.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

You should get a huge tattoo of a naked chick on your back, that'll show her.

GBL

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

take it from an old lady...

you wont be young forever.. you'll soon be at an age where you can DO something about your situation. until then, use some discretion and pick your battles. hair style isnt that big of a battle. in my opinion. yes it should be YOUR decision....but right now, is it what you want to stand up for? you are having to grow up faster than you should, your hair, clothes, social life SHOULD be the main things in your life right now.but as a kid of jw's, your not going to get to do that. do what you gotta do to survive till your old enough to move out. mature thinking, picking your battles, and setting goals for your future so that you are free safely as soon as possible are what you have to focus on. i hope your able to move on and still have a relationship with your parents.. but theres always the possiblity you wont, so you have to be strong, and build your own self worth so you come out of this with some degree of mental stability and emotional health!

hang in there.. i know its rough

hugs

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Your "info" says that you're almost 18... If I were you, I would shrug it off, and play it cool, because in a couple of weeks the pendulum will swing in your favor. Focus on your future and become your own person - listen to your parents, but don't let them get to you. We all went through what you're going through, in varying degrees... so, just be 'smart' about it and remember it's only temporary - you've got your whole adult life ahead of you, a most enviable position to be in.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

Now my dad just came in and told me he's tired of her bitching and she said I cant go to prom unless I get a haircut. And he also said the elders said my hair is going out of style. What can I do to put up a good argument?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    the elders said my hair is going out of style

like ..they would know

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Dude, this ain't a court of law. The quality of your argument is not at issue here.

Seriously... you're almost 18, just get the **** out of there as soon as you can. A house where momma tries to beat ya with a broom is not the place to be.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

I want to go to college and I don't have the money. I need them.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

I could use good points to argue with right now.

I'm thinking of starting with. "so the elders said my hair is going out of style? they also say gambling is bad. the word "bulletin" is illegal. they also get into peoples personal lives. they also told me to think of pioneering priority before education. oh yea and they also lie. they are the ones who are knit picky. since when did you go by what they say? theyre just a group of old men with titles. or are you going by what mom says? she tried to beat me up with a broom today. youve been a weak person."

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    I want to go to college and I don't have the money. I need them.

Do you think they'll actually pay for your college when she doesn't want you to go? Or will living with them allow you to pay for it? There's nothing wrong with college, so I hope you can go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit