I hate living with effing psycho parents

by tsunami_rid3r 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"I want to go to college and I don't have the money. I need them."

You need them? Or you want their support & financial assistance?

It's their house & their money. And while it may not seem "fair" for them to put conditions on you to benefit from their material possessions, it's within their power to do so. Haircuts & clothes aren't worth fighting over. Your future, and the opportunities that a good education can provide, are worth pursuing with gusto ... with or without their support.

Dude, there's a lot you can do on your own. And as was said by another, you'll be shocked at what you can accomplish.

• Jez
    Jez

Criz...you came into chat once, spewing about how you wanted to f***in kill your mother. You would not listen to ANYTHING that any of us said and just steamrolled over everything we said like you didn't even read it. All you could keep going on about was how much you wanted her dead.

You need to talk to a counseller. Get some outside help. School counseller? Tell them what is going on at home, tell them what you want for the future. Our hands are 'tied', it is YOU that has to take POSTIVE action and get someone real (not us strangers) into your life that can provide some support.

Jez

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Sorry about your ordeal. Sincerely sorry.

DY

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I know what it's like, having gone through what you did.

There was no way in hell that my parents would pay for me to attend college. My mother's a JW and my father feeds the VLTs. I'd always hear "I'd help you if I could, but I'm broke." He was never too broke to feed the VLTs. My father is a selfish bastard. I also have no inheritance when my parents cack. It's pretty sad.

Anyway, I did go to college. My workplace paid for half of it and I paid the other half by having money taken off each cheque. It was an easy, sweet deal. See if you can get into a workplace that holds a position you're interested in. You'd be surprised how many places will support furthering your education (some pay for all of the tuition).

As for the hair thing, I grew mine out after I graduated and got my ear pierced. My hair's really long now and I still get the "fag" label from my JW mother. But since I moved out, she can't do a damn thing about it.

You need to keep your head on straight and plan what you're going to do within the next little while. Save up some money and get a place of your own. I moved in with my girlfriend and her dad when I made my exit from the JWs. There's nothing greater than the feeling of independance!

Until you become a legal adult and are able to financially support yourself, lay low. Get a job that will have you working on meeting nights. I guarantee that things will get worse before they get better. You need to have some financial backing if you're going to take your life into your own hands. That way, when things escalate, you'll have the resources to get out.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

sorry to hijack...

Nos - What's a VLT ???

-Aude.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

You live in Texas, which I believe gives college tuition to people who have served in the military.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Son, I highly recommend the service. You will get out of your parents house, it will make a man out of you, it will keep you out of trouble while you do some growing up, and if you play your cards right you can find a job that will be able to use when you get out.

Go talk to a recruiter. Let me know if you have any questions. Be careful though. They are selling something so don't sign anything without talking to me or another vet.

Semper Fidelis

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Wish you luck--and please do whatever it takes to get a college degree! Making money is extremely important to being self-sufficient and independent.

When I was growing up the JW's taught people not to go to college and that money was not important. Money is very important! Also having a job making good money at what you enjoy doing is important also.

Look for ways to go to college without your parents' help, because more than likely it will hinge on whether you follow their rules and they could decide not to help you.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Nos - What's a VLT ???

I believe it stands for Video Lottery Terminal. In other words, it's a slot machine.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

i got a haircut and i look like a jw dork. im going to say 2+2=5 now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit