How do you amuse yourself during the daily commute?

by Crumpet 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Mancow in the morning and Rock on the way home.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Well the CD player broke in my car I've been listening to tapes. I picked up Dramarama's Vinyl about a week or two ago, man that album is amazing. I've been listening to it non stop.

• ivy
    ivy

I drive about 45 minutes each way. I have been offered closer jobs, but the commute is actually a perk for me. Little traffic, beautiful scenery, and with a family at home, it's my "Alone Time". At this point I couldn't do it without my ipod. What was a luxury at first, is now a nessessity. I alternate between music, (having an ipod is like having your own personal radio station with no commercials) and digital books.
    Now if only the gas prices would go down.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    That must be an excellent way not to have to share a seat with anyone on the train/bus/subway rebel8!

LOL! I drive my own car, so that helps. Actually, I have always talked to myself...ever since I was a little girl. I'm not even aware of it most times. When I'm walking around, I am often caught talking to myself--people give me strange looks. I try to brush it off by pretending I was singing or biting my lip, but I don't think I pull it off very well.

Your new picture is interesting. I'll bet you have men fighting over sharing a seat with you on the bus!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

actually rebel8 - that is me on the train - and look no one sitting anywhere near me! Maybe I shoulda showered that morning!

LOL!

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

I used to have a two mile walk to work mostly through parks. I sometimes took a minidisc along to listen to and it was great. In fact I enjoyed it so much I usually kept on walking and skipped the work bit altogether. Maybe that's why I got the boot!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

rebel8:

When I'm walking around, I am often caught talking to myself--people give me strange looks. I try to brush it off by pretending I was singing or biting my lip, but I don't think I pull it off very well.

Get yourself a hands-free kit for a mobile phone. Then you can talk to yourself all day and people will think you're a high-powered executive rather than a nutter!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I take some time out to listen to music or read....besides that im not telling.

• mapleaf18
    mapleaf18

in three words: teeth bleaching strips. . .

. . .but seriously. . .

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Whataburger ymmmm good!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit