How long have you been on the Internet? and ..

by Brummie 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Orange.....I had to have somewhere to go where it was warm because you weren't around to keep my close.

Right, shall we make up for lost time then? :) My place or yours?

;)

Thx peeps, I thought I was high tech by getting on the net in 1998 ... dur

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Oh Brummie you bestill my heart.

love Orangefatcat

• Brummie
    Brummie

aaah I love it when you give me little red x's, particularly those in little grey boxes.

muwah

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Started email at a company in 1991. Started online with AOL in 1993,moved to Netscape in 94.

I've owned computers since....1984.

nerdette

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    (((brenda))): nerdette

I knew there was something I liked about you!!

• JH
    JH

I got my first computer about 4 years ago, with dial up internet, now i have the cable. JWD was the first XJW site I visited.....The debil made me do it.

But the first time I used the internet is about 10 years ago, at my father's house.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I got online the first time in 1989 and had a Bethel compuserve account.

I bought my own PC in 1990 and got access through a local dial up BBS at (GASP) 9600 baud. I was so thrilled to get my 14.4 a few yars later.

First JW site was H20 in January 97. I had already decided to leave the Borg and was great to find other like minded individuals. Joined JWD about 3 months after Simon first launched the site as my escape from the H20 madness. hmmm so much for that. LOL

Uzzah (feeling kinda old amongst all the noobs)

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

9/11/02 is when i became a member of the forum. i got my computer a few weeks prior to that. I was new to both. I got my computer so i could get on this forum i was intrigued and wanted to learn more about it. I come here often though i do not post very much.

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

wow...it has been a while....

A friend of mine who grew up working on tandy's and old c64s first introduced me to chatting. I believe that was in about 1987, or 88, somewhere in there. Have been on the net since my 286 days (anyone feeling old yet?) in 89-90. Finally got an upgrade in 94 and got a brand new 14.4 modem! Had prodigy, aol, then wv_Net, a state subsidized dialup. In 96 my bf at the time worked for compuserve, and got free access (sweet) and started to look at exjw sites a few days after I turned 18. Havent been the same since .

Melba of the "I'm a VeriSigned Geek" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit