BREAKING NEWS

by the_classicist 26 Replies latest watchtower medical

• bebu
    bebu

I'm so glad that the court decided "for" her by deciding "against" her!

Rebel8, I'm so very glad that you survived to tell the tale, despite your mom and the elders. Ye gods!

bebu

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Wow, rebel8. You could write a book!

Actually, thanks for the suggestion, I'm considering it! I wonder how many people realize how bad it really is. I lived in constant fear of having a fatal bleed w/o any medical care at all and/or having a transfusion and being DFd/forever regarded as "damaged goods" because of it.

Thank you everyone for all the hugs and nice comments!

That poor girl. I hope she gets her head on straight and the courage to leave the cult.

• Special K
    Special K

I believe this is related to your posting about this girl "classicist".

It was in my morning paper here on Canada East Coast.

B.C. teen who refused transfusions sought
    TORONTO (CP) - Child-care workers are looking for a 14-year-old B.C. girl who needs blood transfusions as part of cancer treatment and is believed to be hiding among fellow Jehovah's Witnesses in Toronto, the Toronto Sun reported Sunday.

The teenager, whose identity is protected by a B.C. court order, was brought to Ontario by her parents after an April 11 court ruling said she couldn't refuse treatment despite her religious beliefs.

Special K
  • outnfree
    outnfree

This makes me want to spit nails!

How very sad for her (and her family, frankly).

And hugs, to you, rebel8, for all you've gone through.

outnfree

• William Penwell
  • sf
    sf

{{ tight hug for rebel }}

You said:

I wonder how many people realize how bad it really is.

That is exactly what goes through my mind on a continuous basis. And is what fuels my passion to expose just how insane and lethal these policies are to ALL its members and potential 'targets'.

Perhaps you could share what you wrote here to the Canadian news editors, community leaders and maybe even your local press. Just think about it.

Take good care, sKally

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Even though she is sticking to her beliefs, if she dies, then her parents and everyone involved in hiding her should be prosecuted and jailed for endangerment or whatever can be charged against them. Maybe even some degree of manslaughter!

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit