BREAKING NEWS

by the_classicist 26 Replies latest watchtower medical

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

The 14 year old JW girl from Vernon, BC, has just lost her court case in the BC Supreme Court in Vancouver to not have blood transfutions. More info. to come.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Well I hope the Watchtower will now recommend a good counselling session to make the girl feel better when she does have to have blood. She must be traumatised at the thought. Stupid religion!

Brummie

• orbison11
    orbison11

oh that is such great news....my daughter had the same situation, if i recall from what i read on the young lady,,,,,,,and my x and i were dubs at the time, and did sign papers re blood issue,,,,,,,,,but from what i understand, our doctor at children's hospital (where this young lady is) told us he would supercede us had the need arose

i was thinking how my dtr is now 33 and a very strong woman and in no way involved with the jw's.......so lets hope this young lady also gains strength and does what SHE wants in life:)

orbi

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

More news over the radio: Apparently, the judge ruled that freedom of religion is not absolute and one's life was worth more.

That's interesting. This should effect court cases all over Canada.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Great News!!

Maybe she will wake up one day and see the evil WT empire as it really is... a sham

• Jez
    Jez

WOW, AWESOME. I am SOOO happy!!!!!

Jez

I will watch the news in the morn and see what they say about it.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    VANCOUVER(CKNW/AM980) -- A 14-year old Jehovah's Witness who is undergoing cancer treatment has lost a B.C. Supreme Court fight to stop a court-ordered blood transfusion.

The north Okanagan girl tried to argue in court that -- because of religious grounds -- forcing her to have a blood transfusion would be like being raped.

However, the Justice in the case has ruled 'freedom of religion is not absolute,' and that the most important thing is the protection of a child.

The wheelchair-bound girl consented to chemotherapy, surgery to remove the tumor from her leg and -- if necessary -- the amputation of her leg above the knee.

The family's lawyer says they are considering appealing Monday's ruling.

http://www.cknw.com/news/news_local.cfm?cat=7428436912&rem=6924&red=80143623aPBIny&wids=410&gi=1&gm=news_local.cfm

• Jez
    Jez

HA! The "family's lawyer"....more like the WTBS's special lawyer. He does not represent the interests of the family, he represents the interests of the WTBS!!!

Jez

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I feel bad for her.

Good that the courts stepped in to provide necessary treatment but will she comply with and respect other directives from her doctors?

Poor girl.

Cults Suck.

-Aude.

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

So who's paying lawyers?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit