Can it be proven that the WTS is NOT God's personal organization?

by M.J. 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

There's no proof that the Mormon Church, the Raelians, Moonies or any other religion is not God's personal organization either.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

How can you prove there's no toothfairy? It's impossible.

I think the best way to get a dub out is to make them realize they are responsible for being a part of an organization that is bloodguilty, that they in effect become bloodguilty by association. This is the biggest weak spot in the dub armor of ignorance. Being 'bloodguilty' is the worst thing you could possibly be in dubland. Well, its really the worst thing you could be anyway IMO.

GBL

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

45 Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings.
    48 But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ?My master is delaying,? 49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, 51 and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.

Well, chech out the letter from Olin R. Moyle, this eye witness account proves that the bethelites are not the faithful and descrete slave as defined by their own bible.

http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/moyle.htm

Here are some of my favorite quotes from that letter:

For that he was humiliated, called a jackass, and given a public lambasting. Others have been similarly treated. McCaughey, McCormick, Knorr, Prosser, Price, Van Sipma, Ness and others have been similarly scolded. They have been publicly called to account, condemned, and reprimanded without any previous notice. This summer some of the most unfair public reproaches have been given. J. Y. McCauley asked a question which carried with it a criticism of the present method of Watch Tower study. For that he was severely reprimanded. Your action constituted a violation of the principle for which we are fighting, towit, freedom of speech. It was the action of a boss and not that of a fellow servant

The facts cannot be denied. Take for instance the difference between the accommodations furnished to you, and your personal attendants, compared with those furnished to some of your brethren. You have many many homes, to wit, Bethel, Staten Island, California, etc. I am informed that even at the Kingdom Farm one house is kept for your sole use during the short periods you spend there. And what do the brethren at the farm receive? Small rooms, unheated thru the bitter cold winter weather. They live in their trunks like campers.

Harsh treatment of one and favored treatment of another is discrimination, and should not have a place in the Lord's organization

It is shocking and nauseating to hear vulgar speaking and smut at Bethel.

Under your tutelage there has grown up a glorification of alcohol and condemnation of total abstinence which is unseemly?.You have publicly labeled total abstainers as prudes and therefore must assume your share of the responsibility for the Bacchus like attitude exhibited by members of the family.

P.S. Thanks osarsif, you have some good info on your page.
    steve

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Such questions imply that God is so moronic and limited that It requires a personal organization. Look through a telescope, check out the Hubble photos, look through a microscope, take a walk out into nature, or just look deep into a child's eyes. Actually be present and meet with life. How can we continue to ascribe such infinite wonder and beauty to a limited thing or tribal deity that is so broken that it needs something from us?

A personal god, or membership in it's special little religious club, is nothing but a fools ego-trip which reduces God (in our minds) to a commodity small enough for us to own.

Nothing needs proving. It's obvious when we remove our heads out of the smothering sphincter of religious beliefs and actual communion with the Life that is staring us in the face.

No offense meant. Just one of my rants.

j

• M.J.
    M.J.

JT, your rant was profound. It moved me.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Second to last line should have read:

"Nothing needs proving. It's obvious when we remove our heads out of the smothering sphincter of religious beliefs, and actually commune with the Life that is staring us in the face."

(can't get it to edit)

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

"It moved me."

As in b.m.?

• startingover
    startingover
    remove our heads out of the smothering sphincter of religious beliefs

Now that's a quote to remember!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Can it be proven that it is?