Can it be proven that the WTS is NOT God's personal organization?

by M.J. 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• M.J.
    M.J.

Imagine trying to prove to someone that firmly believes in leprechauns that they simply don't exist. Where do you start?

An excellent saying I have heard is "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

So the burden isn't on anyone to prove it isn't God's organization, but merely to debunk the notion that there is anything particularly extraordinary about it.

So all you WTS apologists who keep saying, "hey, they're only human." You are absolutely right! They're human guided too, and nothing more.

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

Personally, I would think they need to prove that they are God's personal organization and not vice versa. If you make a claim you must prove that claim, right? Granted, "Crisis of Conscience" pretty much blows there claims right out of the water...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Since it is impossible to prove a negative you will have to prove something else that is mutually exclusive to the WTS being the FDS.

Find something that the WTS does that does not fit in with the description of the FDS and that is how you can disprove their assertion that they are the FDS.

• myelaine
    myelaine

they are not faithful.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

they are not faithful.
    nor discreet, nor do they slave for thier brother.
  • love11
    love11

First you would have to prove that there is a God.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

MJ,

It is simply not possible to prove something true/false to somebody if they don't want to believe it is true/false.

I know you already knew that. I only replied for the benefit of others.

• The Leological One
    The Leological One
    So all you WTS apologists who keep saying, "hey, they're only human." You are absolutely right! They're human guided too, and nothing more.

M.J.,

Straight up~!

That's the thing I'm working on showing my wife. It may seem ignorant for some people to seem unready to accept what they've always believed is the truth is actually b.s., but at the same time I doubt I'd change all my views easily and would require proof of some kind, as well. Im working on getting CoC and hoping that'll help her where she's totally wanting to see proof against the WT dates. She also feels she needs proof against a C.E. 39 date or something, though I explained the major date of 607 as being foundational for the chronology of WT's infamous 1914 date.

Anyway, that's the thing that might be initially very hard to come by -- to see the GB and other leaders are merely regular people with no special divine abilities or knowledge. From there I can see it would be a downhill momentum in debunking some JW stronghold-ish ideologies.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Just as I always suspected, I really *am* the Queen of the Universe, and you cannot prove otherwise! hahahaha

Hey, if it works for them it should work for me...

J

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Even if you could prove it, why would it matter beyond convincing yourself. No dub will sit, listen to your "proof", and be convinced. It is an important question, but it is irrelevant to a dub.

A doubting dub is an entirely different matter!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit